This delightfully easy recipe for 5 Minute S’mores Cereal Bars is going to become a new favorite for sure! Just 5 ingredients and loads of authentic s’mores flavor, these bars are adored by kids and adults alike!
Happy National Cereal Day! This is one food holiday that I am totally going to celebrate…but not from a bowl 😉 I love using cereals to create all sorts of tasty treats. They are the easiest way to add a satisfying crunch to snacks or sweets and let’s face it, they don’t break the bank.
Today I’ve got s’mores on my mind and I’m sharing one of my go-to recipes for a quick and satisfying dessert or snack – 5 Minute S’mores Cereal Bars! You may have seen a version of these before, I think I’ve seen them in every different way imaginable and there’s good reason – they’re both simple and delicious.
The recipe relies on graham cracker cereal (I use Golden Grahams) for the traditional graham cracker component of a s’mores. The cereal stays nice and crunchy even though it is coated in chocolate and combined with marshmallows. True perfection.
What I like to do differently to my cereal bars is adding a layer of marshmallows on top. Because, obvi, more marshmallows is always a good thing.
But then I go one step further to get an authentic s’mores flavor – I pop this pan under the broiler for a few minutes and let the marshmallows get golden brown and ooey gooey….and then I (and whoever is lucky enough to be visiting that day), get to devour them.
This recipe can be made in either an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan. I used an 8 inch so if you’d like them to be a little thinner, go with a 9-inch pan. I make clean-up a breeze by using non-stick foil – it’s a lifesaver in the kitchen. Don’t have any? No worries. Just make sure to butter your baking pan first.
5 Minute S'mores Cereal Bars
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups graham cracker cereal
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Combine 2 cups of marshmallows and cereal in a large, heat-safe bowl.
- Pour corn syrup into a microwave-safe bowl container. I used a glass Pyrex measuring cup.
- Microwave corn syrup for 1 minute on high heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Quickly stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the top of the cereal and marshmallows and stir until coated.
- Scoop contents into the prepared baking dish and press down with the bottom of a measuring cup or large spoon.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until the chocolate has set up. Top with remaining cup of marshmallows and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Fun with s’mores!
For all s’mores recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!