This delightfully easy recipe for 5 Minute S’mores Cereal Bars is going to become a new favorite for sure! Just 5 ingredients and loads of authentic s’mores flavor, these bars are adored by kids and adults alike!
Let’s be friends! Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! Follow me on Facebook too!
PIN IT NOW!
PIN IT NOW!
Happy National Cereal Day! This is one food holiday that I am totally going to celebrate…but not from a bowl 😉 I love using cereals to create all sorts of tasty treats. They are the easiest way to add a satisfying crunch to snacks or sweets and let’s face it, they don’t break the bank.
Today I’ve got s’mores on my mind and I’m sharing one of my go-to recipes for a quick and satisfying dessert or snack – 5 Minute S’mores Cereal Bars! You may have seen a version of these before, I think I’ve seen them in every different way imaginable and there’s good reason – they’re both simple and delicious.
The recipe relies on graham cracker cereal (I use Golden Grahams) for the traditional graham cracker component of a s’mores. The cereal stays nice and crunchy even though it is coated in chocolate and combined with marshmallows. True perfection.
What I like to do differently to my cereal bars is adding a layer of marshmallows on top. Because, obvi, more marshmallows is always a good thing.
But then I go one step further to get an authentic s’mores flavor – I pop this pan under the broiler for a few minutes and let the marshmallows get golden brown and ooey gooey….and then I (and whoever is lucky enough to be visiting that day), get to devour them.
This recipe can be made in either an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan. I used an 8 inch so if you’d like them to be a little thinner, go with a 9-inch pan. I make clean-up a breeze by using non-stick foil – it’s a lifesaver in the kitchen. Don’t have any? No worries. Just make sure to butter your baking pan first.
Like cereal as much as I do? Make sure to check out my Reese’s Muddy Buddies and S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels 🙂
PIN IT NOW!
5 Minute S'mores Cereal Bars
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups graham cracker cereal
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Combine 2 cups of marshmallows and cereal in a large, heat-safe bowl.
- Pour corn syrup into a microwave-safe bowl container. I used a glass Pyrex measuring cup.
- Microwave corn syrup for 1 minute on high heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Quickly stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the top of the cereal and marshmallows and stir until coated.
- Scoop contents into the prepared baking dish and press down with the bottom of a measuring cup or large spoon.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until the chocolate has set up. Top with remaining cup of marshmallows and place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Fun with s’mores!
Peanut Butter S’mores No Bake Brownies
S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels
S’mores Cinnamon Rolls with Marshmallow Frosting
For all s’mores recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
I can’t resist anything s’mores related! Love these!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Me either Jessica! Thank you!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Delicious! I never knew there was a national cereal day. What a great way to celebrate 🙂
Donna Howard says
I was just going to ask what graham cracker cereal was!! Thank you Mir!! I am not a good cereal person!!
Oh my goodness, you used Golden Grahams. I am totally sold. That’s the best stuff, and adding s’mores fixings just makes it HEAVEN.