These Lemon Whippersnaps are perfect for a party! Super easy to make with just a handful of ingredients! Lemon zest and lemon juice give these amazing cookies a bright, bold flavor that’s impossible to resist!
Nobody loves an easy recipe more than I do. I rely on them daily. Whether it’s breakfast, dinner, or dessert, I like to have an arsenal of easy recipes at the ready for those days when time is in short supply. Now that I think of it, that may be every day…
I am a big fan of cookies. Love them for easy desserts, snacks, lunch boxes, parties and more. What I love even more than a cookie is a lemon cookie. I love lemon everything. It makes me happy. And on days like today: cold, wet days in January, it makes me think and long for summer.
I almost added white chocolate chips to these cookies. White chocolate and lemon are made for each other after all. I left them out though because I want you to try these cookies on their own first.
Bold lemon flavor, a beautifully soft interior, and a powdered sugar-coated exterior make them showstoppers.
This recipe calls for a lemon cake mix and you’re going to want to buy one that has pudding in the mix – makes these cookies extra moist and delicious! Unlike many of my cake mix cookie recipes, I didn’t use cream cheese. Instead, I used Cool Whip. Yep. Cool Whip.
Cake mix, cool whip, and an egg. I upped the lemon factor by adding in some lemon zest and fresh lemon juice – fantastic!
The cookie dough is scooped and then rolled in powdered sugar before being baked. Just look at them!
My boys find these easy cookies entirely irresistible!
And to prove to you just how easy these cookies are…. a video! Let me know if you give them a try! I’d love to hear what you think!
- 1 15.25 oz package lemon cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, Cool Whip, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Drop cookie dough into the powdered sugar and roll to thoroughly coat.
- Place on the parchment-lined cooke sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
More cookies to try!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.