Look no further for the Best Chicken Marinade recipe ever! This easy chicken marinade recipe is going to quickly become your favorite go-to marinade! This marinade produces so much flavor and keeps the chicken incredibly moist and outrageously delicious – try it today!
For many years now I have been perfecting my chicken marinade recipe and it’s finally exactly what I want. I love this easy chicken marinade recipe because it quickly transforms an ordinary chicken breast (or any other cut of chicken) into something extraordinarily delicious – just in time for dinner. It really is the BEST chicken marinade ever!
I keep chicken breasts on hand at all times because there is just SOO much you can do with a chicken breast…(Make sure to check out my book for ONE HUNDRED chicken recipes!)
Chicken breasts frequently go on sale, and when you’re trying to eat sensibly for dinner so you can enjoy that Peanut Butter Caramel Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar for dessert, chicken breasts are a good way to go.
I love to make up a big batch of grilled chicken and this recipe is great for that. It has enough marinade for about 6 large chicken breasts or 3 to 4 pounds of chicken pieces.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. Just whisk together a bunch of ingredients together in a large bowl (I used my large Pyrex measuring cup for easy pouring) and pour over the chicken in a large ziploc bag.
Now, in the recipe I say a minimum of 4 hours for marinating….I’m being overly optimistic there. I’ve marinated the chicken for as little as 30 minutes and the chicken was still phenomenal. Basically, the longer you have to marinate the better but don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of time.
When you’re ready to go, grill the chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through. I like to baste the chicken with the leftover marinade for optimal flavor. You can also bring the remaining marinade to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook until reduced for a tasty sauce to pour over the chicken. Soo good!
I sure do hope you give this BEST Chicken Marinade recipe a try soon so you can enjoy it all summer long!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken
- Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a large Pyrex measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place chicken in a large, ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top. Close securely.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Baste the chicken occasionally with the leftover marinade.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving
- If you bring the remaining marinade up to a boil, let simmer until slightly reduced, it makes a wonderful sauce to go on top of the chicken.
Winner, winner chicken dinner!
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.