This Pepperoni Pizza Football Cheese Ball is my new favorite thing! Super easy to make and a total showstopper! Make this for your next game day celebration and watch the crowd go wild!
I had to get this post up today before we leave for Disneyland tomorrow….cause I know you’re going to want to make this on Sunday! I’ve had this idea rolling around in my head for MONTHS and I finally took the time to put it all together this week. It’s one of those rare times that the finished product looks exactly like what I envisioned it would. And it tastes even better.
I whipped together the cheese ball a few days ago and then sat down today, watched an episode of Scandal and got all those mini pepperoni slices on the outside. What I really should have been doing was packing, but I love you guys. And I want you to make this because man oh man is it GOOD.
What’d I put in this cheese ball you ask? Love. Love and lots of cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, pimientos, bacon bits, Italian seasoning, green onion, and, of course, pepperoni.
After I blended all the ingredients together, I lined a small bowl with plastic wrap and then scooped the mixture onto the plastic wrap. I covered the entire cheese ball with plastic wrap and then transferred it to a flat surface. That’s where I shaped it into a football. Or an oval. Or whatever. It doesn’t have to be perfect as you can see :)
Off to the fridge for a few hours to chill and then it’s time to watch Scandal and put on the pepperoni. If you aren’t watching TV at the same time, this should take about 5 minutes. Do as you must.
I finished off the football look with some mozzarella cheese for the laces. Easy peasy.
Serve the cheese ball with pretzel, bread sticks, crackers, veggies, whatever you have on hand. I tried them all and they were all good. The flavor of the cheese ball is just off the chain. The longer the cheese ball sits in the fridge the more those flavors will marry so if you’ve got the time – use it. Touchdown!
- 16 oz Challenge cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 5 oz bags mini pepperoni slices, divided
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimientos, drained and patted dry
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in half of the pepperoni slices, green onions, bacon, and pimientos.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon cheese mixture into bowl. Press mixture into bowl so that it takes on the shape of the bowl. Use the ends of the plastic wrap to wrap up the cheeseball firmly. Transfer the wrapped cheese ball to a cutting board and use your hands to shape it into a football.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 48 hours.
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge and cover with remaining pepperoni, pressing gently to adhere.
- Serve with pretzels, bread sticks, crackers, and veggies.
More cheese balls you need to try!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.