This Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is going to blow your mind. It’s pretty much like a cheese ball and mint chip ice cream had a baby. But it was prettier and more fabulous than it’s parents. Yeah. Kind of like that.
As you all know, I am TOTALLY crazy about mint and chocolate recipes. Pretty much my favorite thing right now. There is just something innately refreshing about mint flavored goodies. I’ll take it any form I can get it – mint patties, brownies, cookies – you name it!
I’ve always been kind of obsessed with mint chip ice cream. I get extremely happy when I open up a new carton and see that bright green ice cream flecked with chocolate chips – heaven! Mint chip ice cream is the inspiration behind this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball and boy, oh boy is it inspiring!
When I decided to make up a cheese ball that well, looks AND tastes pretty much exactly like mint chip ice cream, it kind of blew my mind. It’s one of those things where you’re like, “NOW I know what’s been missing all my life!” And then you never want to be without it again.
I used mini chocolate chips but you could also chop up your own chocolate if you prefer. The cheese ball is covered in mini chocolate chips and it just sooo pretty! I get happy just looking at the pictures!
I served my cheeseball with chocolate and vanilla animal crackers. Cause everything is better with an animal cracker, am I right? Pluuuuus, the boys think I’m extra cool when I serve them goodies with animal crackers. Total bonus points. And right now, I’m in serious need of them because I decided to extend our NO TV WEEK just one more week. Yeah. I’m super popular with the boys right now.
They can’t stay too mad at me though because I make them some seriously awesome after-school snacks 🙂
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp mint extract
- green gel food coloring
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- animal crackers, graham crackers, chocolate or vanilla wafers to serve with
- Cream cream cheese and butter together.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat in extract and food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Stir in one cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of mini chocolate chips on top of a piece of plastic wrap.
- Scoop out cream cheese mixture and place on top of chocolate chips. Sprinkle top of cream cheese with more chocolate chips.
- Wrap cheese ball with plastic wrap and place in a clean bowl. Press into bowl to form the cheese ball.
- Invert onto a serving board or cake stand. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
More refreshing mint recipes:
Connect with me!