This easy, one bowl Caramel Pumpkin Blondies recipe is the perfect way to satisfy those deep pumpkin cravings! This fantastic recipe feeds a crowd and will make an impressive dessert on your holiday table!
I’ve got one heck of a recipe for you guys today and it’s sure to be a hit with your family this holiday season. It is most definitely pumpkin season and I am hoping you aren’t sick of all the pumpkin recipes yet – cause I’ve got more a-coming!
If you are as big a fan of pumpkin recipes as I am – and I know you are – you are going to want to jump on over to Amazon and buy this awesome cookbook – The Pumpkin Lover’s Cookbook! My friend Lyuba (Will Cook for Smiles) is an incredibly talented cook and photographer and these recipes will have you jumping on the pumpkin bandwagon if you’re not there already.
Full of mouth-watering recipes such as Pumpkin Apple Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze, Homemade Pumpkin Gnocchi, and OREO Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – this book has something for everyone! Delicious sweet and savory pumpkin recipes and everything in between!
This recipe is one of the many that I will be making for my family this holiday season. In fact, it was hard to choose just ONE to share with you guys today. But, how could I resist Pumpkin Blondies.
Lyuba’s recipe was spot-on but, you know me, I have to put my own spin on every recipe and with my caramel addiction lately….you can see where this is going…:) I added in some caramel and walnuts and then topped the blondies with a decadent caramel drizzle that sets up beautifully in just seconds.
These Caramel Pumpkin Blondes are going to be hard to resist! Make sure to check out Lyuba’s book, The Pumpkin Lover’s Cookbook, for more great pumpkin recipes – it’ll make a fantastic gift this holiday season!
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup caramel bits
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon for topping
- ½ cup caramel bits
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, and melted butter until the brown sugar has dissolved, several minutes.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir just until combined.
- Fold in caramel bits and walnuts.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes. Let blondies cool before cutting into squares.
- Combine ½ cup caramel bits and teaspoon of water in a microwave-safe container. Microwave on high heat for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 10-15 seconds and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Drizzle caramel over blondies. Let sit for several minutes so the caramel can set up.
More pumpkin recipes to try!
Connect with me!