You’re just six ingredients away from these melt in your mouth good Toffee Butter Icebox Cookies!
I am all over these cookies. Fast, easy and melt in your mouth good. Like, literally, they melt in your mouth. I took my favorite slice and bake icebox cookie recipe and threw in some Heath toffee bits for fun. Toffee is always a good call in my book but GEEZ are they good in these cookies!
The creamy milk chocolate and rich toffee flavors go perfectly with these rich, buttery cookies. And I m loving that little crunch that the toffee provides. And here’s the best part…there is only SIX ingredients.
Definitely my kind of recipe.
Icebox cookies (aka slice and bake aka refrigerator cookies) are great to have on hand. You can make the dough ahead of time and then slice and bake the cookies as needed. Cause, you know, you don’t always need a couple dozen cookies at a time. Smart, right?
Gloriously soft and tender, every little bite is perfection.
Come get ya some.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add in the egg and extract and mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour, mixing until fully incorporated. If dough appears too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it comes together.
- Fold in Heath toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half and pl ace on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Form the dough into a log about 6 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter. Wrap each log with the plastic wrap and refrigerate dough rolls for 1-2 hours or until nice and firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap from rolls and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Place slices about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cookies for everyone!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.