Fun, vibrant, and delicious St. Patrick’s Day Jello Cups are the cutest way to celebrate! The best part is, they’re made with only 3 simple ingredients and super easy to follow steps. You’ll love how much everyone’s faces will light up when handed one of these layered green jello cups. The jiggly fun doesn’t stop there, either – be sure to check out my Rainbow Jello Cubes!
Easiest St. Patrick’s Day Dessert
I love using any holiday as an excuse to make sweet, festive desserts! However, I always find myself having the most fun with St. Patrick’s Day. For a holiday filled with leprechauns and rainbows, what better way to celebrate than with these cute jello cups?! If you have little kids running around the house, they’ll LOVE these green cups!
And don’t worry – grown ups love them too! Really, I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t let their inner child come out when handed a St. Patrick’s Day Jello cup.
More Delicious Jello Recipes To Try
If you really want to blow people away at a summertime pool party, you HAVE to make my famous Orange Creamiscle Cake! I love jello, simply because of how fun and creative you can be with it!
St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Ingredients
Like I said, there are only THREE ingredients needed to create these cute little layered cups! It doesn’t get much more simple than that.
- green jello – Apple or lime both work! Just choose whichever your favorite flavor is.
- cool whip – This is what creates the perfectly cool and creamy white layers in the cups.
- water – You’ll need 3 cups of boiling water and 3 cups of cold water for your jello.
How To Make These Festive St. Patrick’s Day Jello Cups
If you’ve ever made jello, these steps should come naturally to you. If you’re a jello novice, have no fear! I’ve laid out all the easy steps for you to follow to create the perfect cups for your St. Patty’s Day party.
- Combine one package of jello with one cup of boiling water in a large bowl. Whisk until the jello has fully melted.
- Once melted, whisk in one cup of cold water.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your serving cups, dividing the jello equally. Transfer the cups to the fridge until they have fully set.
- Once the first layer has set, combine another package of jello with one cup of boiling water. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add one cup of cold water and half of the cool whip. Whisk together!
- Carefully pour the jello over the first layer.
- Transfer the cups to the fridge to set up again.
- Once the second layer has set, place the last package of jello in a large bowl and whisk in one cup of boiling water.
- After the jello has dissolved, whisk in the last cup of cold water.
- Carefully pour the jello into the cups and transfer the jello to the fridge to chill for another 2-3 hours.
- Top with remaining cool whip and sprinkles and serve!
How long will these jello cups stay fresh?
In the fridge, these jello cups will stay fresh for up to 2 days. If you’re planning on hosting a St. Patrick’s Day get-together, these are the perfect desserts to make ahead! No one likes stressing out on the day of a party, which is why this recipe is one of my go-to’s.
Can I make them boozy?
Yes, and you can do it easily! For your adult friends, all you need to do is add a small splash of clear liquor to the jello mix. I’ve found that vodka works best for this recipe. If you go with an apple flavored jello, consider using an apple flavored vodka to really make the flavor even bolder. It’ll taste like (boozy) candy!
My jello isn’t setting. What happened?
I always recommend buying an extra box or two of jello, just in case this happens! Jello’s a bit like a science experiment, and if you mess something up ever so slightly, it might not work quite right. Chances are, if your jello isn’t setting, you might have added too much water. Just try again with a new packet of jello mix and a bit less water!
Variations To Try
Want to make these for another holiday? Just switch up the jello mix and the sprinkles on top!
These cups work perfectly for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Halloween, the 4th of July, and so much more. With the amount of jello flavors out there, you’d be missing out if you didn’t have fun with this recipe.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! Make sure you’re ready to dive into a pot of gold with these recipes:
- Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies
- Rainbow Jello Cups
- Easy Rainbow Fudge
- Chocolate Mint Cream Cheese Buttons
- Mint Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- Key Lime Gooey Bars
- Mint Chocolate Bark – Easy and Delicious!
How To Make St. Patrick’s Day Jello Cups
St. Patrick’s Day Jello Cups
- 9 ounces green jello lime or apple, 3 3 oz packages
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 6 cups water 3 cups boiling, 3 cups cold
- Set out heat proof glasses. You will need six of them.
- Combine one package of jello with one cup of boiling water in a large heat proof bowl. Whisk until the jello has fully dissolved. Whisk in one cup of cold water.
- Carefully pour equal amounts of the mixture into each of your serving glasses. Carefully transfer the glasses to the fridge to chill until fully set, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the first layer has set, remove the glasses from the fridge.
- Whisk together another package of jello with one cup of boiling water until jello is fully dissolved. Add one cup of cold water and half of the cool whip (4 ounces). Whisk until combined. Carefully transfer equal amounts of the mixture into each of your serving glasses.
- Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill for another 2 to 3 hours until set.
- Once the second layer has set, whisk together last package of jello and one cup of boiling water. Once the jello has dissolved, whisk in the last cup of cold water. Carefully pour the jello into the cups, dividing equally among each of the glasses.
- Transfer the jello to the fridge to chill for another 2 to 3 hours.
- Just prior to serving, top off each of the jello cups with the remaining Cool Whip. Garnish with sprinkles and serve chilled. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.