This Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry Citrus Apple Cider is the beverage of choice this season! Fill your home with it’s delightful fragrance and your belly with it’s spicy warmth! Perfect for parties and the holidays!
I’m sure you’ve all busted out your slow cookers by now…right? Shoot you guys, it’s fall! I had two slow cookers going today and my house smelled ah-mazing! We were having a little get together with some friends and I wanted to make one of our time-honored slow cooker beverages…but with a twist. Wowza – did it turn out good!
Starting in October each year, and stretching as far as we can into the spring (think March), we make this amazing cranberry apple cider that warms the home and our bellies and does amazing things for our appetites. It’s a super simple recipe: equal parts cranberry juice and apple cider (apple juice works just fine!) and then as many cinnamon sticks, cloves, and apple slices as we can fit in there.
It’s a recipe for success 🙂
Today, I decided to put a citrus twist on this family classic with the addition of a citrus flavored iced tea. I always have this stuff on hand. It’s my go-to afternoon pick-me-up and I thought the flavors in this iced tea would go beautifully in the cider.
If you can’t find a citrus flavored iced tea, any green tea will do. You can also eliminate it from the recipe if needed.
You guys, hello easy and hello awesome. This cider is my new fall beverage of choice. I just loved the flavor that the iced tea added to this easy cider recipe. To amp up the the citrus flavor, I added sliced oranges, lemons, and limes to the slow cooker and let ‘er rip.
Easy as can be and you don’t even need to invest a lot of money in candles…this cider will make your house smell fantastic!
We will most definitely be making this cider again. It’s perfect for game days, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and anytime I get to craving these easy recipe. Make it happen at your house too!
I’m always on the lookout for new fall favorites and I know you are too! Hope you love this easy cider as much as we do!
More Fall Drinks To Try
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Mocha
- Cranberry Mojitos
- Slow Cooker Spiced White Hot Chocolate
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Latte
- Slow Cooker Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
How To Make Cranberry Apple Cider
Slow Cooker Spiced Cranberry Apple Citrus Cider
- 64 oz cranberry juice
- 64 oz apple cider or juice
- 33.8 oz Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea 2 16.9 oz bottles
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves up to 10
- Stick the cloves into the rind of the orange slices. This way nobody gets a surprise in their mug 🙂
- Combine the cranberry juice, apple cider, and Lipton Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea in a large slow cooker.
- Add as many slices of citrus fruit as you like, including the orange slice with the cloves in it.
- Set your slow cooker to low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours. Once desired temperature is reached, turn your slow cooker to warm.
- Serve with a fruit garnish or cinnamon stick.