Perfect for game day celebrations or a fun, kid-friendly dinner, these Pepperoni Pizza Twists are guaranteed to become a new family favorite! Easy, cheesy, awesomeness!
Let’s be friends! Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too!
PIN IT NOW!!
PIN IT NOW!!
We take football seriously around here and what we’re eating on game day even more so. My husband is usually talking about the game day menu a good two weeks in advance just to make sure we have everything we need on hand. Reece and Bryce are slowly becoming equally fanatical about sports as Chris is and it’s fun that we can all sit and watch the games together.
Bryce likes to root for whichever team is winning and Reece has narrowed his favorite football teams down to three: 49ers, Seahawks, and the Panthers. The 49ers because that’s Chris’s team, the Seahawks because we went to Seattle this past summer and toured their stadium, and the Panthers because that’s one of his favorite animals. Simple, right?
I’m sure some of this will change during the season and that’s totally okay. I told the boys that this is probably the only time in their life where it’s okay to cheer for more than one team 😉
So, in honor of opening day, I’m bringing you game day food that has everything you could ask for – tastes like pizza, can be made in advance, is hand-held, and is totally dippable. I win.
I am so excited to share this easy and delicious recipe with you guys today! These Pepperoni Pizza Twists are great for an easy and fun dinner, impressive appetizer, or game day eats. These twists are fun for kids and adults alike and can be served with ranch and marinara – the perfect dipping companion.
I made these twists a lot like these Easy Pizza Sticks – but better. I added pepperoni and more cheese, folded the dough over and then cut it into strips. A quick twist and an even quicker trip to the oven and we’re ready to roll!
Easy, cheesy, awesomeness.
PIN IT NOW!!
Pepperoni Pizza Twists
- 1 lb pizza dough room temperature
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese use more if you'd like!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle on a lightly floured large cutting board.
- Combine the garlic powder, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning blend onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on one half of the dough and top it with the pepperoni. If you are using mini pepperoni, you can leave it whole. If you're using full-size pepperoni, you'll want to cut them into quarters.
- Fold the side of the dough without the pepperoni on it over to the other side, covering the filing.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into thin strips. You'll get about 12 strips out of one pound of dough. Twist the strips a few times and press down on the ends to keep them closed.
- Brush the tops of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- Place the twists on a parchment-lined baking sheet, seasoned side down.
- Brush the other side of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend again.
- Bake for 8 to10 minutes or until twists are golden brown.
- Serve with marinara or ranch dressing.
More appetizers you need for game day!
Fully Loaded Grilled BBQ Pork Potato Skins
Salted Caramel Popcorn with Almonds
Connect with me!
Hi! This recipe looks delicious, and I can’t wait to try it, but I have one question. The recipe says to roll the dough into a rectangle, but there is not any sense of how large the rectangle should be and/or how thinly to roll the dough. Could you give a rough estimate of the dimensions of the rectangle or the dough’s thickness? (And yes, I know this sounds like an incredibly picky question. ? But I’m guessing that too-thick dough might not cook all the way through in the specified cooking time or might burn on the outside by the time the inside is done.). Thanks a ton!
To follow up:
These are phenomenal! I made them both with pepperoni and without (for my vegetarian husband). Both were great, though the ones with pepperoni were better. Also, if you are making these for kids, they were too spicy for my five-year-old. I made another batch with 1/8 tsp. of red pepper flakes (instead of the 1/2 tsp.), and they were perfect for her. The twists also freeze really well. I put them frozen into lunchboxes, and they are perfect by lunchtime. Highly recommend these!!
serve marinara hot or cold? suggestions????
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
I would go with warm but it’s up to you – my boys like ranch 🙂
eat good 4 life says
Oh wow, what a great idea. Next time I get pizza dough from the store I must make these. My kids would love them!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
Those are too fun! I might even stick around and watch football if these were on the food table. Who am I kidding? I would snag the basket of twist and take off with them. LOL!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
What a great idea! This is perfect game day food!
Des @ Life's Ambrosia says
My family would love these for game day! The food on game day is my favorite part too. Oh and….GO HAWKS!! 🙂
Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert says
These look AMAZING! I love them and I can see myself dipping my way through the whole plate!
Cathy Trochelman says
I was literally standing in Target yesterday, envisioning this very sort of thing. #greatminds 🙂
Katerina @ Diethood says
I don’t know much about football, but girrrrrl, I know football-FOOD and these completely fit the bill, and then some!
My kids would love these, pepperoni pizza is their absolute favorite!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
Oh boy! My kids will go crazy for these twists! My Hubby and I might be lucky to grab a few! Loving this idea!
Dee Dee (My Midlife Kitchen) says
These would disappear so fast I’d have to have 3 extra batches on hand! I love how easy and delicious these are!!
heather @french press says
I was planning on making pizza for Monday Night football, but now I’m thinking twists are a lot more fun!!
Cookin Canuck says
These are brilliant! I have to make these for our next football-watching afternoon. They’d disappear in a flash.
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
Yummy, these look and sound so good! I could even go for these for breakfast right now 🙂