Welcome to your new favorite snack – Salted Caramel Popcorn with Almonds! Perfect for parties, road trips, family movie night and more!
There’s not much that our family loves more than a road trip. Especially a road trip that ends at Disneyland. We are a Disney family. In every way. When I pack for our trip, I make sure the boys have a Disney/Marvel shirt for every.single.day. My husband wears his Disney attire as well. We love it!
So why are road trips so fun? For us, its because I prepare for them. I pack plenty of snacks, books, games, movies, etc. to keep the boys and ourselves occupied during the trip.
Boredom Busters = Fun Road Trips.
We’re about 6-7 hours from Disneyland depending on how many pit stops we make. I pack a lot of snack for the trip. Easy stuff we can eat in the car that won’t cause a big mess and then more snacks for inside the actual park once we get there.
Caramel corn is one of our favorite snacks. It’s not only perfect for family movie nights and parties but it makes a killer road trip snack as well.
I added Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds to my favorite recipe and it turned a fun sweet treat into something much more fabulous and the perfect way to flavor our summer adventure!
This recipe is half of what I normally make for parties so feel free to double it for a crowd. This was the perfect amount for our family on our summer adventure.
Salted Caramel Popcorn with Almonds
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels popped (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds 1 container
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Line a large roasting pan or deep 9 x13 baking dish with parchment paper (easy clean-up!) and fill with popcorn. Top with almonds. Keep popcorn warm in the oven while preparing the caramel.
- Melt the butter in a 3 qt heavy, saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is at a boil, stop stirring and boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour the mixture in a thin steam over the popcorn. Use tongs to mix the popcorn, almonds and caramel making sure to thoroughly coat.
- Put the baking dishes into the oven and let bake for 45 minutes. Every 15 minutes, pull the dishes out and break up the caramel corn using tongs to turn the popcorn over and mixing it up. After 45 minutes, let the caramel corn cool completely before breaking into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or the popcorn will turn sticky.
More great road trips snacks!
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
This “Flavor Your Adventure” post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love and that make Mom On Timeout possible!