I took all of my favorites and put them in these bars…outrageously awesome! Reese’s Peanut Butter S’mores Oatmeal Cookie Bars – total indulgence in each bite! Love cookie bars? Make sure to try these Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars and Coconut Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
PIN IT NOW!
Woohoo! Today is the start of S’mores Week! I have been SO looking forward to this week for so long because WE LOVE S’MORES! I have thought of so many s’mores recipes over the past few weeks and it was crazy hard to narrow it down to just three but these bars definitely made the cut. Unreal people.
I started with my Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars and got a little s’mores happy. I totally intended on going s’mores exclusively but, it’s SO hard for me to not include Reese’s 🙂 And we all know peanut butter is s’mores BFF.
The Best S’mores Bars
There were a couple of key changes that I made that really took this recipe over the top. I used graham cracker crumbs for part of the flour and while I was a tad bit skeptical at the time, I am now a total convert. The graham crackers add such flavor and texture and they really made these cookie bars the ultimate s’mores treat.
The cookie dough has peanut butter as well as Reese’s peanut butter chips which makes these bars the perfect treat for peanut butter lovers. I kept the oatmeal in the recipe because I am a total sucker for oatmeal and just love how it really holds the cookie together. Also? Then I can tell myself these bad boys are healthy – right?
After pressing about two-thirds of the cookie dough into the dish, I started in on the chocolate. LOTS of chocolate. Seven Hershey’s bars made their way on to that cookie dough and honestly, I could have stopped here. But, no! We need marshmallows!
Marshmallow fluff is definitely the way to go here. It was so easy to spread it all over the Hershey’s chocolate bars and then when it baked, the fluff started peeking through the cracks and got perfectly toasted – just like s’mores should be!
I mixed in some chopped up Reese’s miniatures into the remaining cookie dough and then dropped it by the teaspoonful on top of the marshmallow layer. It took all of my willpower to keep from grabbing a spoon and just digging in at this point.
A short trip to the oven yielded the most beautiful cookie bars I have ever seen…
Glorious, right? I totally wanted to get pics when the chocolate was all ooey-gooey and melty but my schedule unfortunately was not on my side. Check out that marshmallow though – perfection!
Layer after layer of just sheer indulgence. That Hershey chocolate bar layer is ridiculous – so rich and chocolatey – it totally makes you sit up and take notice. The cookie bar layers sandwich all of the s’mores flavors and are a treat in and of themselves.
More S’mores Favorites
- S’mores Pudding Parfaits
- No Bake S’mores Cheesecake Bars
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels
- S’mores Cinnamon Rolls with Marshmallow Frosting
- 5 Minute Mocha S’mores Dip
How To Make Peanut Butter S’mores Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Peanut Butter Smores Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter baking chips
- 7 full-size Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup Reese's miniatures chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and continue mixing.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, oats, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, slowly stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with Hershey’s bars, breaking apart as needed.
- Spread marshmallow fluff on top of Hershey’s bars.
- Stir chopped Reese’s into remaining cookie dough.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. It doesn’t have to be perfect and it won’t cover all the marshmallow fluff.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
Ok, ANOTHER recipe I gotta try to feed my peanut butter addiction. I think the only thing I’d change would be to use Special Dark as my chocolate.
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Mmmm…dark chocolate would be fabulous in this recipe Mary!
These bars are totally crazy! Preeeeeetty sure I could make a meal outta these. No shame. 😉 Pinned!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
Oh, my word! You know how much I love these bars right? All of my favorites in one amazing bar! Yup, I’m drooling!!!!
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
OH wow! Love the step by step photos too!
Melissa @ The Alchemist says
These look amazing, my mouth is drooling.
Wendy | Around My Family Table says
OMG- I love the pic of the 7 chocolate bars! Out of this world!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Oh my goodness! Totally unhealthy but absolutely yummy!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar says
They look perfect! I LOVE the reeses added in! And the oatmeal totally = healthy. 🙂
Heather @ French Press says
I swear I can smell them just by looking at those pics, YUM
Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking says
Oh. My. GOSH Trish!! Do you have any left?? Any at all? Because I will seriously hop in my car this very second and take any leftovers you can give me. (I don’t live that far away!) They look incredible! All of that chocolate… And marshmallow… And Reese’s mini PB cups… Heaven. Just pure heaven. Pinning and dreaming of how awesome they taste!!
Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking says
It’s like you took every baked good that I love and threw them all into one fabulous bar! They sound delicious! Pinned!
Talk about DIVINE!!! This looks like the best s’more ever!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
Oh my gosh! Look at all that chocolate in there! Love!
These bars look crazy good, Trish! I love the addition of the oatmeal so they’re nice and chewy, too. 🙂
I love that you went nutty here! Peanut butter chips and peanut butter cups with s’mores! Holy Reese’s! These are magnificent!