Oven Roasted Herb and Garlic Parmesan Potatoes are the perfect side dish to whatever you’re making for dinner tonight! Perfectly crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside!
We got rain!!! If you’re aware of the serious drought situation here in California, you know what a big deal this is for us. We went from 109 to rain in a matter of a week and although it’s supposed to heat back up this weekend, I am very grateful for the rain that we did get. We can use every drop!
The boys were all excited and started asking when it’s going to start snowing….in Sacramento…yeah, don’t hold your breath kiddos. We have to settle for a drizzle now and again 🙂
With the rain and the clouds and October quickly approaching my mind is racing to comfort foods…comfort foods AND pumpkin, of course. One of my favorite foods in all the world is potatoes. I live and breathe for those starchy little nuggets of goodness. Mashed, fried, baked, there isn’t one single way I don’t like to eat a potato.
I grow potatoes year-round and there is nothing Bryce likes better than digging for his dinner – especially when he knows it’s going to end up looking like this.
We love Yukon gold potatoes. They are so buttery and flavorful and are perfect in this recipe. If you’re looking at a bag of russets right now – don’t freak out. They were great in this recipe too and with all the seasonings and Parmesan and garlic – you really can’t go wrong.
I use fresh herbs for this recipe – thyme and rosemary – but again, if you don’t have fresh, feel free to substitute dried, you’ll just need to use a little less.
The potatoes are roasted to perfection – crisp on the outside and perfectly tender and fluffy on the inside. This is a side dish that goes with ANYTHING. Chicken, steak, you name it! If you love potatoes, and even if you don’t, this is one recipe that you’ll find yourself turning to again and again – I know I do! My rice-loving husband even devours these potatoes and that is saying A LOT.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (rosemary and thyme)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (REAL Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine fresh herbs, salt, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning mixture, tossing to coat once again.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on any seasoning left in the bowl.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size, or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately.
How do I love potatoes? Let me count the ways…
Connect with me!