This crowd pleasing recipe is sure to be a hit at your next barbecue or picnic! This Loaded BBQ Pork Potato Casserole is so easy to make and crazy delicious. Comfort food at it’s best!
Can you believe this weekend is Memorial Day weekend??? I can’t believe summer is almost here! The boys have EIGHT days of school left. Eight. I am in total shock.
I love Memorial Day weekend because it’s filled with the fun and excitement that the arrival of summer brings. Lots of great time spent with family and friends and even better, amazing food.
Did you know May is National BBQ Month?? I think Memorial Day is the ideal day to celebrate and I’ve got the perfect recipe for you here today. This Loaded BBQ Pork Potato Casserole is just the thing you need for you next cook-out with friends and family. Guaranteed to leave your guests moaning with delight.
This is how it all starts. With loaded mashed potatoes. I used red potatoes (just about three pounds) but you could use whatever potatoes you have on hand. I mashed them together with bacon, cream cheese, butter, cheese, and green onions. Yep, we’re off to a great start.
Next I topped it with mouthwatering Byron’s Pork BBQ. The pork is heating in the oven while the potatoes are cooking and it works out to be perfect timing.
Byron’s has been perfecting their barbecue recipes since 1957. Trust me, they’ve nailed it with this Pork BBQ. Perfectly sweet with just a hint of spiciness and smoky flavor, it’s exactly what those mashed potatoes needed on top.
Ridiculously good people. I mean really, I could hardly stand to part with this succulent pork buuut I knew it was going to be amazing with the loaded mashed potatoes.
I threw some more cheese on top and popped the whole casserole back into the oven for a few minutes to let the cheese melt. Ooey gooey perfection my friends. Exactly what your next get-together needs.
You can find Byron’s BBQ at your local Sam’s Club and make sure to check out their website for more great recipe ideas!
- 4 lbs Byron's Pork BBQ
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 oz shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend), divided
- Heat Byron's Pork BBQ according to package directions.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- While the pork is cooking, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Mash the potatoes together with the cream cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, and 8 ounces of shredded cheese.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Transfer the loaded mashed potatoes into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with fully heated barbecue pork and remaining shredded cheese.
- Place in oven until the cheese has fully melted, about five minutes. Top with additional green onions if desired.
- Tip: Use a disposable tin foil pan for picnics. Casserole can be kept warm on a grill using indirect heat.
Complete your meal with these great recipes:
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: I am so excited to be partnering with Byron’s as a brand ambassador so that I can bring you amazing recipes like this one! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!