These Mocha No Bake Granola Bars are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up snack!
I can’t believe I’m back with another mocha post so soon after my mocha truffle brownies. No, wait, yes I can! I adore all things mocha!
These granola bars are definitely something you can enjoy without feeling guilty. Packed full of oats, almond, peanut butter, and honey, they taste amazing but have lots of nutrients you need too!
So here’s the kicker with these granola bars…they also have a bit of caffeine!
I added some espresso powder and cocoa powder to my favorite no-bake granola bar recipe and I’m totally kicking myself for not thinking of it before – genius!
I topped the granola bars with a bazillion mini chocolate chips because nothing shouts “Good Morning!” to me like mini chocolate chips. Of course, now the boys want one of these granola bars too. Chocolate really does make everything better 🙂
These granola bars are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up snack. It’s-kind-of-fun-to-hyphenate! #hyphenateallthewords
Now if you don’t have time for that cup of coffee…just kidding! Goodness me, make time! And then enjoy it with one of these bars 🙂
Mocha No Bake Granola Bars
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp espresso powder or finely ground coffee
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Bring sugar mixture just to a boil, stir in espresso powder and cocoa powder and then continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, or until the powders are dissolved.
- Stir in oats, crispy rice cereal, and almonds until evenly coated.
- Place parchment paper in an 8x8 inch baking dish. Make sure the paper hangs over on either side so you can pull out the granola bars and cut them up with ease.
- Once mixture has cooled slightly, press into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the bars and use the bottom of a bowl or cup to press them into the bars. You don't want them to fall out when cutting!
- Let bars set up for 1-2 hours before cutting.
More mocha madness:
Peppermint Mocha Fudge
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Dave Horton says
That mocha breakfast shake looks delicious!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
These look fantastic! Can’t get enough chocolate!
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Hehe! I feel the same way 🙂
Laura@ miter saw says
I am always down for a little chocolate in the morning ! Best granola bars ever!
Bam's Kitchen says
These bars are perfect! My youngest son is going hiking and camping for 3 days here in the New Territories in Hong Kong. Just the thing he needs to keep him going. Delicious!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
I am always down for a little chocolate in the morning! Especially if it is paired with mocha!
Any extra mocha kick in the morning is more than welcome! I love this idea. Best granola bars ever!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Adding coffee to granola bars. Genius!! And the photos are gorgeous!
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
These granola bars look incredible! Love that you added mocha to them and these photos are just stunning, Trish!
There’s just something about no-bake bars packed full of oaty goodness that always gets me, Trish–you’ve done a good thing for the world, adding mocha like that 😉 I totally approve of this recipe, ha!
Kathleen @ Yummy Crumble says
These look so yummy with all those chocolate chips! and caffeine? Yes please!
This is my kind of snack right here, and I love mocha flavored anything! These granola bars are so pinned! 🙂