Love quick and easy dinner recipes? This one is for you! This Easy Cashew Chicken takes less than 30 minutes to make and is way better than takeout! Add it to your menu this week! Love chicken? Make sure to check out these 30 Easy Chicken Recipes!
You guys have to put this Easy Cashew Chicken recipe on your menu this week! It is so easy and is just loaded with flavor! When I say better than takeout, I mean WAY better! And this recipe will take less time to make than ordering and picking up takeout too!
My family loves Chinese food and I have found over the years that making it at home is so much better than takeout. This simple Chinese Cashew Chicken recipe is sure to be a hit with your family, just like it was with mine.
30 Minutes or Less
This easy dinner recipe took less than 30 minutes to make AND my family l-o-v-e-d it! I’m talking, not one piece of rice or chicken left on their plates. That is what I call a success!
Not only is this cashew chicken quicker than takeout, it tastes a whole heck of a lot better too.
What You’ll Need
There are a few specialty items that you may not have in your pantry if you don’t make stir fry all that often. That said, each of these ingredients can be found in the Asian section at your grocery store:
- hoisin sauce
- chili garlic sauce
- chicken broth or water
- boneless skinless, chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- garlic cloves
- rice vinegar
- green onions
- unsalted roasted cashews
- cooked white rice
- Now you can obviously use a wok to make this stir fry but a nice wide deep skillet will also do the trick.
- A garlic mincer comes in handy if you want to cut back on the chopping.
- Using a whisk makes quick work of the sauce ingredients.
If you like good, fast, eats, this recipe is for you! In fact, I’ve got an entire cookbook today that is all about good, fast, eats and it’s the filled with deliciously amazing recipes just like this one!
When Amy first told me about her new book, Good Fast Eats, I was so excited! I mean, really, what mom doesn’t want fast and delicious meals for their families? I love this cookbook SO much! It’s filled with amazing recipes, gorgeous photos, and it’s perfectly laid out.
Just last night I served up this Easy Cashew Chicken and Chris immediately requested that this be put in our regular rotation, and then grabbed the book and started marking recipes he wants me to make.
We served the cashew chicken over some steamed white rice but if you’re feeling energetic, making up some fried rice would also be delish.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Marinade
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Honey Balsamic Chicken
- 20 Minute Sesame Chicken with Broccoli
- Buttermilk Ranch Oven Fried Chicken
How To Make Cashew Chicken
Easy Cashew Chicken
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless, chicken thighs , cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 green onions, diced
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- cooked white rice
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, and chicken broth in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle corn starch on top of chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large non stick pan, or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken, stirring often, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for another 3 or 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Add rice vinegar and stir. Cook for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the hoisin mixture. Stir to combine and cook for another few minutes to warm through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cashews and green onions. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Originally published October 14, 2016. Updated February 18, 2018.
Love chicken? We do too! Try out these delicious recipes:
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.