If you love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, you’re gonna go crazy for this Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza! Inspired by Goofy’s Kitchen at Disneyland!
We’ve got a Disneyland trip coming up at the end of July and the kids are just over the moon excited. We’ve naturally already started our countdown and have been planning which rides we’ll hit first and what shows we’re going to watch. Of course Chris and I are planning out meals because that’s one of the things we look forward to most at Disneyland 🙂
One of our favorite places to eat is Goofy’s Kitchen. It’s a character dining experience that the whole family enjoys. (Follow me on Instagram for all things Disney! @disneymomontimeout) There’s all kinds of great eats and one particular item that always gets our attention is the Peanut Butter and Jelly pizza.
In fact, when Dorothy over at Crazy for Crust, asked if I would guest post for her while she was on a Disneyland vacation – this amazing pizza was the first thing I thought of. Now for those of you who don’t know Dorothy – she’s a dessert blogger. Like all in dessert blogger. She comes up with totally awesome dessert concoctions that look so amazing and have the tendency to make you forget that you ever heard of the word diet.
So, knowing that this was for Dorothy, I knew that this savory pizza just wouldn’t cut it. I sweetened it up. Just a tad 🙂 This pizza is built on a sugar cookie crust and is topped with peanut butter frosting and jelly.
I’m going to come right out and say it….
This pizza is WAY better than the version at Goofy’s Kitchen. WAY. BETTER.
You are definitely going to want to go check out my post and see how this sweet thang is made 🙂 Look – I even saved a slice for ya!
- 1 roll refrigerated Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2-3 Tbls milk
- ¼ cup jelly (any kind)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Flour the dough as needed to keep it from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Pull out a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Fold the parchment paper up and over the edge of the crust and gently press down to create a nice clean edge.
- The dough should be roughly 10-11 inches in diameter so there is plenty of room for the cookie to expand while baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes keeping a close eye on it after 8 minutes. If the dough starts to poof up too much just shake the pizza pan or poke a hole in it with a fork and let it continue baking until just barely golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cream butter and peanut butter together.
- Add in powdered sugar ⅓ cup at a time followed by 1 tablespoon of milk. Repeat until frosting has reached desired consistency. You can add more or less milk depending on how thick you want it.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled crust.
- Heat jelly in microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds or until nice and loose.
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle and squeeze out jelly circles onto pizza.
- Run a knife through the jelly and frosting starting from the outside of the pizza and going to the center.
- Slice and serve!
More sweets we love:
For all peanut butter recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!