Packed with protein, only four ingredients, and out of this world peanut flavor – these Totally Nutty Peanut Butter Candy Bars are going to knock your socks off!
Peanut butter lovers unite! I have the EASIEST recipe ever for you guys today. It’s one you will find yourself turning to time and time again because it takes so little time to prepare and is just so fantastically yummy!
These candy bars remind me A LOT of PayDay candy bars – which is probably why I love them so much. I have seriously fond memories of PayDays. My Dad would buy the gigantic box of PayDays at Costco and keep them in the back of his truck for snacks while he was out doing inspections in the field. Sometimes I would forget my lunch and it was on those days that I was grateful my Dad liked to keep his truck stocked 🙂
That kind of stuff totally flies with dads, am I right?
So all the hard work happens in the microwave. It’s as simple as melting some ingredients together, stirring in some salted peanuts, forming them into the shape of your choice (I chose logs) and coating them in even more peanuts.
That kind of sounded long when I wrote it out…but, trust me! It’s super easy 🙂
Let the candy bars sit up for a bit and you’ll be amply rewarded. The center is firm but chewy and is packed with peanuts. No sticky fingers to contend with because all that stickiness is covered in beautifully roasted, chopped peanuts.
These candy bars are a favorite snack of both mine and the boys. It packs a powerful protein punch and is perfect before, during, and after swim practices. I find myself grabbing a bar (or two!) around 2 in the afternoon. You know, right when I’m thinking a nap sounds pretty darn good…
These candy bars have become an absolute staple in our house which makes me extra glad that they stay good for a week or more. Next time you’re looking for a delicious snack or treat – you really need to give these a try! With just a few ingredients, you can be indulging in the ultimate peanutty treat in just minutes!
- 10 oz Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tbls unsalted butter
- 2 cups roasted, salted peanuts (whole)
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Melt peanut butter chips, corn syrup, and butter together in a medium size microwavable bowl on medium heat, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. (I used my 4 cup glass measuring cup.)
- Stir in 2 cups of peanuts. Set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Place chopped peanuts in a bowl or on top of a cutting board.
- After the peanut butter chip mixture has cooled for several minutes, divide and begin shaping into logs or squares.
- Roll the candy in the chopped nuts, pressing gently to adhere. (Candies do NOT need to be fully coated.)
- Let candy sit for at least an hour to finish cooling and harden slightly.
- Store in an airtight container for 7-10 days.
More peanut butter madness:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.