These delightful Cranberry Pecan Pinwheel Cookies are bound to become a new favorite for your family! So easy to make and packed with the refreshing flavors of cranberries, orange, and pecans!
Time for yet ANOTHER cranberry recipe! You guys aren’t sick of all the cranberries yet, are you? Oh, GOOD 🙂 I don’t know what it is about the holidays this year but I am on the biggest cranberry kick right now and I don’t see it ending any time soon. Bear with me.
This is honestly the easiest cookie recipe EVER and goodness gracious does everyone love it! These Cranberry Pecan Pinwheel Cookies are so festive and refreshing and make the perfect addition to your holiday dessert table. You DO have an entire table devoted to desserts….right??
The bright red cranberry center is so enticing that everyone will be reaching for one of these sweet and tart cookies. The fresh cranberries are gently sweetened with oranges and the addition of pecans adds a delightful crunch.
I used my favorite pinwheel cookie base (I love pinwheels everything…)that I have used over and over and over again because it’s just that good. I use my mom’s secret ingredient – almond extract – for the most amazing flavor EVER. Here are my mom’s tip on WHY almond extract is where it’s at:
1. Almond extract is clear, so when you’re making cookies that are supposed to white or very light in color, it really works best.
2. The flavor is a little unexpected. We are so used to vanilla extract in our cookie recipes that the almond really makes you sit up and take notice.
This recipe has so few ingredients that it’s extra important to use high quality ingredients like Challenge Butter. Having used Challenge Butter for decades now, I feel like I’m an expert on it’s sweet cream flavor. Challenge Butter is made with 100% real cream butter from the freshest milk from local dairies. Farm to fridge in just TWO days! No hormones. No additives. No fillers. Just what my family deserves – the very best!
More Cranberry Favorites
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Pecan Pumpkin Bread
- Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites
- Cranberry Fluff
- Cranberry Pecan Mini Goat Cheese Balls
How To Make Cranberry Pecan Pinwheel Cookies
Cranberry Pecan Pinwheel Cookies
- 1 cup fresh cranberries rinsed and drained
- ½ cup pecan halves
- zest from one orange
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Combine cranberries, pecans, orange zest, and one quarter cup of sugar in a food processor. Process until the cranberries and pecan have been broken down into very small pieces. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the almond extract and egg until well combined. Stir in the flour, mixing just until incorporated.
- Divide the cookie dough in half.
- Cover a large cutting board with plastic wrap and use another piece of plastic wrap to press out half of the dough into an 8-inch square.
- Spread half of the cranberry filling over the dough to within half an inch of the edges.
- Use the plastic wrap to carefully roll up the dough.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to seal. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours up to 48 hours, or until dough is firm. (Repeat with remaining dough and filling.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut ¼ inch slices from the roll and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are very lightly browned.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack. Repeat for remaining cookies.
More insanely delicious cranberry recipes to try!
Connect with me!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by Challenge Butter. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you to my readers for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!