This easy Christmas Punch recipe is a holiday favorite! With just 4 ingredients (plus alcohol if using) this gorgeous holiday punch recipe comes together quickly and easily. Serve it by the glass, pitcher or punch bowl – your choice!
You are going to love this delicious, simple Christmas Punch recipe! It’s just 4 ingredients if you’re going the mocktail route and five if vodka is sounding like a good idea.
This gorgeous holiday punch can be prepared by the glass, pitcher or punch bowl and I’m giving you the amounts needed for each of these preparation methods in the recipe card below.
Love the layered look in the glass? Make this Christmas Punch in single servings and ‘layer” the ingredients in each glass for a really festive, fresh look.
Make sure to have plenty of extra garnish on hand for serving. Lots of rosemary springs, fresh cranberries and sliced orange will make this punch extra special for the holidays.
Cranberry and orange is one of those classic flavor combinations that invariably reminds me of Christmas. It’s tart, sweet, bright and the two complement each other perfectly.
I’ve made lots of recipes over the years with those flavors, here are a few of or favorites:
- Cranberry Orange Relish
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Meatballs
- Cranberry Orange Scones
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
What You’ll Need
This simple holiday punch recipe features a tasty combination of juices combined with ginger ale, ginger beer or club soda. Vodka can be added for an adult-friendly punch. As always, you can find the amounts and a complete list of the ingredients in the recipe card at the end of this post:
- cranberry juice – opt for a 100% cranberry juice or a cran-apple juice.
- orange juice – use a good quality, pulp free orange juice.
- sparkling apple cider – doesn’t have to be sparkling but it’s a nice addition to this punch.
- ginger ale -club soda and ginger beer are also delicious.
- vodka – completely optional. The recipe is prepared the same with or without the vodka.
Christmas Punch Garnishes
- Fresh Cranberries
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Orange Slices
How To Layer This Holiday Punch
The layered look is so, so pretty and festive! For the layered look, you will want to create single servings of this holiday punch. Here’s how:
- Pour each ingredient over ice to create a layered effect in a glass in this order: cranberry juice, orange juice, apple cider, ginger ale, vodka.
- Garnish with optional garnishes and serve immediately.
To store any leftover punch, just place in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will be good for up to 4 days.
When To Serve
This punch is perfect for evening cocktail parties but also is a wonderful addition to your holiday brunch menu. The classic flavors are an easy pairing no matter the time.
Holiday Drinks without Alcohol
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Peppermint Eggnog Milkshake
- Hot Spiced Citrus Grape Punch
- Slow Cooker Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- Slow Cooker Spiced White Hot Chocolate
More Holiday Drinks with Alcohol
- Vodka Cranberry Cocktail
- Mulled Wine (Crockpot or Stovetop)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Espresso Martini Recipe
- Cranberry Mojitos
How To Make Christmas Punch
Easy Christmas Punch
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2 ounces cold sparkling apple cider
- 2 to 4 ounces ginger ale ginger beer, or club soda
- 1 ounce vodka
Punch Bowl (usually hold between 1 and 2 gallons or 16 to 32 cups)
- 4 cups cranberry juice double for a larger punch bowl
- 4 cups orange juice double for a larger punch bowl
- 4 cups sparkling apple cider double for a larger punch bowl
- 4 cups ginger ale ginger beer, or club soda – double for a larger punch bowl
- 1 to 2 cups vodka double for a larger punch bowl
Pitcher (usually 50 to 72 ounces or about 7 to 9 cups)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups sparkling apple cider
- 2 cups ginger ale ginger beer, or club soda
- 1 cup vodka optional
- Orange slices
For a Single Serving
- In a jar or cocktail shaker, combine the cranberry juice, orange juice, apple cider and ginger ale. Mix well. Strain over ice then top with vodka (if using). Alternatively, pour each ingredient over ice to create a layered effect.2 ounces cranberry juice, 2 ounces fresh orange juice, 2 ounces cold sparkling apple cider, 2 to 4 ounces ginger ale, 1 ounce vodka, Ice
- Garnish and serve immediately.
For Pitcher or Punch Bowl
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the cranberry juice, orange juice, apple cider, ginger ale (or club soda or ginger beer) and vodka, if using. Mix well.
- Garnish with optional garnishes including orange slices and fresh cranberries. Serve over ice.