Sweet cherries and almonds are the perfect match in these chewy, 10-minute, no-bake Cherry Almond Granola Bars!
We have been so blessed with amazing weather this past week! The boys have been outside playing everyday in the sunshine and just LOVING it! Basketball season started this past weekend and it’s nice to have the boys back in an activity since they’ve had a bit of a break since soccer. They are just so much better behaved when they have a chance to burn off all their energy: )
I think it’s really important that Chris and I are involved in their activities and honestly, the most fun we have as a family is the times when we’re together and being active. That, and Disneyland 🙂
Fueling these kids isn’t easy and I swear Reece is going through a growth spurt! Snack time has become and hourly occurrence and he seems to be hungry all the time. Making granola bars like these is one of my favorite ways to fill him up quickly while ensuring that what he’s eating is healthy.
Knowing the “right” food to feed your family can be hard. And, I’ll be honest, it can feel like a lot of pressure when YOU are responsible for the grocery shopping and preparing the meals.
I make a lot of our snacks at home and it’s important to me to use the best ingredients that I can find. These Cherry Almond Granola Bars are so incredibly delicious, healthy, and can be made in under 10 minutes. NO baking required! It starts with a few ingredients from my favorite line at Target – Simply Balanced.
More Great Snack Ideas
- Mocha No Bake Granola Bars
- Easy Homemade Granola
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Monster Trail Mix Granola Bars (No-Bake)
How To Make Cherry Almond Granola Bars
Cherry Almond Granola Bars
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2/3 cup almonds sliced
- 5 oz cherries dried
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Bring sugar mixture just to a boil and then continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, or until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in oats and crispy rice cereal until evenly coated.
- Let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Place parchment paper in an 8x8 inch baking dish. Make sure the paper hangs over on either side so you can pull out the granola bars and cut them up with ease.
- Once mixture has cooled slightly, fold in almonds and cherries and press into the prepared dish.
- Place dish into refrigerator and let bars set up for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.