These Cheesecake Brownies are a mouth watering combination of two dessert favorites. Extra fudgy brownies topped with a creamy cheesecake layer makes for an extra impressive dessert that no will be able to resist. Cheesecake desserts are the BEST! Make sure to try these amazing No Bake Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes, and this Triple Threat Chocolate Cheesecake!
I have been wanting to share this recipe for the longest time. Every since my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars went viral, I knew this easy recipe was going to be one that you guys would love just as much, if not more.
What Ingredients Are In Cheesecake Brownies
- chocolate chips – both semi-sweet and bittersweet are needed for the brownies. If you want to, you can use just semi-sweet though. I like the flavor of the bittersweet in the brownies though.
- unsalted butter – we’re adding salt in later so use unsalted. Use a high quality butter as well.
- sugar – used in both the cheesecake and brownies
- vanilla extract – to add depth of flavor
- eggs – to bind the cheesecake together as well as for the brownies
- unsweetened cocoa powder – adds maximum chocolate flavor to the brownie cheesecake bars
- cornstarch – this is used instead of flour in the brownies – it makes them extra chewy!
- salt – of course 🙂
- cream cheese – I used full fat cream cheese for this brownie cheesecake recipe. You can however use reduced fat cream cheese if you prefer but not fat-free. It just won’t turn out right.
What Size Pan Do I Need
What I love about this recipe is that it makes just enough for a party and not so many that you’re secretly stuffing brownies in your face for the next five days. (I mean, I won’t judge you if you do that. Trust me, been there, done that.)
I made mine in a 9 inch square pan because I like my brownies to be nice and thick but you can use a 9 x 13 baking dish if you want yours to be thinner. They won’t need quite as much time to bake either.
Can I Use Brownie Mix?
For the sake of keeping this recipe nice and easy for the video, I used a boxed brownie mix. I know you love your shortcuts so using a box mix is an option.
If you want to use a box mix, that’s totally fine and I included the directions for that in my notes in the recipe below. Basically, f you’re using a brownie mix, just follow the instructions on the box to prepare the brownies and then jump to the the cheesecake layer section and start there. Easy peasy.
I actually prefer to make this with my favorite homemade brownie recipe, which I would hope you will too. It’s the recipe I use in The BEST Peanut Butter Brownies and Fudgy Toffee Flourless Brownies. Whenever I make these at home, this is what I do, and it’s outrageously good.
It’s an incredibly amazing brownie recipe that is WAY better than a box mix – IF you have the time. No pressure. Super fudgy and more chocolate flavor that should be legal.
Tips for Making Cheesecake Brownies
- I made these cheesecake brownies in a 9-inch square pan. You can use an 8-inch square pan if you want slightly thicker bars. Add about 2 minutes to the baking time. You can also use a 9 x 13 inch pan if you want them thinner. Subtract about 5 minutes from the baking time.
- For nice clean cuts, make sure to let these bars chill completely. Wipe your knife clean in between cuts as well.
- Use high quality cream cheese and vanilla extract for the best cheesecake flavor.
- If you have time, use my brownie recipe instead of a box mix for the best chocolate flavor and fudgy texture.
Let’s make more brownies!
- Peanut Butter S’mores No Bake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies
- The BEST Peanut Butter Brownies
- Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Turtle Brownies
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
How To Make Cheesecake Brownies
- 12 oz semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray an 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper leaving an overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Melt in 30-second increments, on high heat in the microwave, stirring in between.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla until completely combined.
- Add eggs one a time, stirring in between until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir vigorously until the mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. This will take one or two minutes.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour two-thirds of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the top of the brownie batter and carefully spread into a thin layer with an offset spatula.
- Drizzle or spoon the remaining brownie batter over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. (Watch the brownies closely after 30 minutes. Don't rely on the time so much as the inserted toothpick.)
- Let cool completely in pan. Use the parchment paper overhang to pull the brownies out and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.