These Cherry Brownie Dream Bars are sure to become your new favorite thing. From the fudgy brownie base to the crunchy topping – every bite of these bars is like a dream come true!
There is nothing I love more than a maraschino cherry. It’s basically the most delicious thing ever which is why they keep showing up in recipes on my blog. And please. PLEASE, don’t throw out the juice…it makes the most amazing frosting EVER. Trust me on this. In fact, it would go great on top of these brownies as well!
Know what else I love? Layers. Layers and layers of flavor and that’s exactly what you get with these Cherry Brownie Dream Bars. We’re talking a rich brownie base, a layer of marshmallow creme and maraschino cherries, and then to top it all off, a peanut butter-chocolate crispy rice topping.
But because these bars are dream bars…we don’t stop there. A quick whoosh of Reddi-wip (only 15 calories and made with real cream!) and a cherry on top for good measure and you’ve got a treat that’s just begging to be shared.
At least, that’s what my boys thought.
Because this recipe makes a BUNCH of bars, it’s great for parties and for sharing with friends, family, and coworkers. The boys took some to school to give to friends and Chris took a tray to work as well. The idea behind giving these bars is simple…we share some treats with you…and you share them with someone else.
Joy is meant to be shared and the effect is catalytic. Sharing with other brings joy to you and the recipient so when they share it forward, the joy just continues to spread. It’s beautiful…and delicious!
There’s a lot going on with these brownies in terms of layers so I really cut back on the workload and used a boxed mix for the brownie base. If you want, please feel free to make the brownies from scratch – it’s delicious that way too!
This recipe is super simple to make and is truly meant to be shared. So don’t wait, Share the Joy today!
- 1 18 oz box brownie mix (plus ingredients needed to make brownies)
- 1 7 oz tub marshmallow creme
- 1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries,
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- Reddi-wip + additional maraschino cherries for topping
- Drain maraschino cherries and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut in half and set aside.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions for 9x13 baking dish. Cool completely and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Spread marshmallow cream on top of chilled brownies and return to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with halved cherries..
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together in a microwave safe-container. Heat on high heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Stir in crispy rice cereal until completely coated. Spread mixture carefully over the top of the cherries.
- Return to refrigerator for another hour before cutting into bars.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Make mine cherry!
This is sponsored content written by me on behalf of Reddi-wip. The opinions are all mine.