Don’t let the juice from your maraschino cherry jar go to waste! Make this deliciously gorgeous Maraschino Cherry Frosting instead! Perfect on cupcakes, cookies, cake and more!
After posting several cherry recipes recently, I figured you guys might be wondering what I’m doing with all the juice from the maraschino cherry jars. Trust me, that stuff does not go to waste around here.
This past weekend we made cherry milkshakes (recipe coming this summer!) and today I’m sharing my favorite cherry frosting recipe made with maraschino cherry juice. The juice adds a “natural” pretty pink color to the frosting without having to add food coloring and it’s the perfect way to use up some of that delicious juice!
This recipe is delightfully easy and the frosting goes well on just about everything: cupcakes, cakes, cookies, you name it!
Perfect on vanilla or chocolate cupcakes, this frosting is equally delicious on graham crackers on vanilla wafers. Plus, we often enjoy just eating with a spoon :)
The consistency is usually spot-on for me but if it’s a little thick for you, just add additional cherry juice, one teaspoon at a time to thin it out. The bonus in that is you get an even prettier pink frosting.
I used almond extract for the frosting instead of vanilla extract for two reasons; one, it’s clear so it doesn’t muddle the pretty pink color and two, cherry and almond go together so perfectly!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp juice from maraschino cherry jar (plus more if needed)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Beat softened butter in a large mixing bowl until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in about two cup of powdered sugar.
- Beat in the maraschino cherry juice and almond extract until completely combined.
- Gradually beat in the rest of the powdered sugar, about a cup at a time.
- If your frosting is too thick, beat in additional maraschino cherry juice one teaspoon at a time.
Love cherries as much as we do? Check out these recipes!
For all caramel recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.