Celebrate the sweetness of Valentine’s Day with these Easy Valentine’s Day Patties – you choose the flavor!
Come on now! You guys all KNEW this one was coming, right? I revamped my easy Christmas Peppermint Patties and I made my most favorite flavor ever – cherry! Now, obviously you could use whatever flavor of extract your heart desires. Strawberry, cherry, vanilla, rum, banana…you get the idea, yes?
Now if you’re like one of those super moms, you could totally make multiple flavors and be the talk of the town. Strawberry pink patties, cherry red patties, pina colada white patties. Just threw that in there.
Now I want to make pina colada patties. Shoot!
So you might have noticed that I added a few twists to these patties. One, some of these bad boys are heart shaped. Cause who can resist hearts when we’re so close to Valentine’s Day? Not me!
Super easy to do. Just make your patties as instructed and then use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the heart-pattie out. I totally tried to roll out the dough and cut them out like sugar cookies BUT it.just.didn’t.work. Whatevs. This was just as easy. Oh yeah. Those scraps? Totally reusable AND those sweet thangs are what gave me my next idea…
You can make tie-dye looking hearts (or circles!) by just rolling together two or more colors at a time! Super easy and my kids totally think I’m a genius now. I’m not sure why they didn’t before but…ok.
So when you’re all done (10 minutes later) you can package these up for the kiddos or be a hoarder and eat them all by yourself. I will NOT judge.
Oh my goodness these things are addictive! Get them out of your house quick if you can :) So there you have it, totally easy Valentine’s Day Patties. Make them. Now!
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 - 2 tsp your choice of extract or candy flavoring
- food coloring - preferably gel or paste
- ½ cup granulated sugar (to roll balls in)
- Combine butter and corn syrup together in a small bowl.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar and your choice of extract and beat until well combined. Add extract ½ teaspoon at a time until the mixture reaches your desired flavor.
- Stir in an additional cup of powdered sugar.
- Turn bowl onto a cutting board sprinkled with last cup of powdered sugar.
- Knead the mixture until sugar is absorbed and is completely smooth.
- Divide dough into three portions.
- Tint one portion red with the red food color/gel and one pink. Leave one portion white.
- Shape into ¾ inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Flatten gently with a fork.
- Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut into heart shapes. (Optional)
- Let candies stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day.
- Store in an airtight container.
More Valentine’s Day treats:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.