Get ready to impress with this easy-to-make, gorgeous Chocolate Caramel Layered Dessert!
Chocolate and caramel has to be one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations. There’s just nothing like the silky, creamy texture of rich caramel and when combined with the smooth, decadent flavor of chocolate – wowza! It’s like a flavor explosion in your mouth.
There’s always a wow factor to desserts with both chocolate and caramel and this layered dessert is no exception.
I took my Grandma’s famous 4-layer dessert and added a layer of decadent caramel right on top of the nutty crust. I never knew that this dessert was missing anything until this moment.
Next comes the creamy, rich layer made with cream cheese and then the chocolate pudding layer.
Now I asked myself – why make regular chocolate pudding when I could make chocolate caramel pudding using International Delight’s Hershey’s Chocolate Caramel creamer??
Loads of chocolate and caramel flavor in every bite make this a dessert your friends and family won’t soon forget.
I absolutely adore desserts that can be made ahead of time and shoved in the fridge for later. Then you’re like a super star when you pull out this glorious dessert and serve it to your adoring fans, ahem, family.
This Chocolate Caramel layered dessert is perfect for all the parties, potlucks and get togethers you might be enjoying during your summer vacation. It definitely feeds a crowd!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup crushed nuts (I like pecans)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 20 KRAFT caramels, unwrapped
- 3 Tbls heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip from 8 oz container
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages of chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup International Delight's Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Creamer
- 2 cups cold milk
- Remaining Cool Whip from 8 oz container
- ¼ cup chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and press into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat unwrapped caramels and whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat until nice and smooth. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cooled caramel layer.
- Combine pudding mix, creamer and milk and prepare according to package instructions.
- Spread over third layer.
- Top fourth layer with remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle on chocolate shavings.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
More of our favorite treats:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Make sure you connect with International Delight!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.