This easy Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Cake is topped with a peanut butter chocolate glaze and Reese’s candy! An easy dessert that feeds a crowd! Great for parties and peanut butter lovers!
You guys have probably figured out by now that I’m a total sucker for anything peanut butter and chocolate. It’s pretty much my jam. I love that flavor combination so much and the only way I’ve found to improve upon it is with banana. Banana and peanut butter together? Yes. Banana and chocolate together? Yes. Banana, peanut butter, and chocolate? Triple yes!
This cake is crazy easy to make and uses three lovely ripe bananas so if you’ve got those lying around, you’re in luck. I used buttermilk for a wonderfully moist cake and tender crumb and then topped the whole thing with my favorite peanut butter chocolate glaze that you may remember from the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake recipe earlier this year.
The rich glaze makes my mouth water it’s so good. I love how easy it is too! Just chocolate chips and peanut butter melted together in the microwave – yum!
I topped the whole cake with Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups…because I can. Y’all know I’ve got a serious addiction when it comes to Reese’s. You can check out a plethora of Reese’s recipes here.
This Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Cake is made in a 13×9 inch pan which makes it wonderfully easy and perfect for crowds. Definitely a cake that will disappear fast at any party!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter and sugar and beat on high speed until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl down as needed.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in mashed bananas.
- Beat in half of flour on low speed, and then half of buttermilk. Repeat.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely before glazing.
- In a microwave-safe container (I use a Pyrex measuring cup), combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat. Stir until the chips are fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cooled cake.
- Wait 5 minutes before sprinkling on the chopped peanut butter cups. Press gently to adhere.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until the glaze has set up.
More Reese’s recipes to drool over!
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.