Get dinner on the table fast with this 20 Minute Pesto Shrimp with Gnocchi and Asparagus! This easy recipe makes for a delicious dinner any night of the week! One the whole family will love!
This post sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media.
Pesto Shrimp with Gnocchi and Asparagus
At least once a week we do Italian. And by Italian, I mean pasta. With two swimmers in the family, I literally cannot feed them enough. They burn off everything so fast and pasta seems to be the best way to fuel them for long swim practices and all-day swim meets. We are a pasta-loving family for sure and while I love spaghetti, fettuccine, penne, and fusilloni, you simply cannot beat gnocchi for quickness of preparation.
Plus? It’s impossible to resist those little pillows of goodness when they’re doused with a healthy serving of pesto and served with perfectly cooked shrimp, asparagus and Parmesan shavings. Yes please!
When I’m thinking fast and delicious dinners, shrimp stands out as the protein that is quickest to make and it also happens to be a favorite with the boys and myself as well. They order it as often as they can when we go out and we love making shrimp recipes at home too.
What happens when you combine gnocchi, shrimp, and pesto? You get an amazing dinner that is ready to go in under 20 minutes. That’s right. Under 20 minutes. The longest part is waiting for the water to boil 🙂
I pulled the whole recipe together with the help of the new Sam’s Choice Italia line available only at Walmart. I seriously have tried almost every single one of these products now and truly love them all. (The Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce is to die for…)
You just cannot beat the authentic flavors hand-crafted in Italy nor the quality and straight-up value these products offer. There are so many great options including pasta that has been hand-crafted in Italy (authentic bronze cut pasta means the sauce will stick better), sauces made with 100% Italian olive oil and the freshest Italian cherry tomatoes, and don’t forget the unique and delicious flavors like Truffle Risotto and Trenette Pasta with Alfredo Sauce. Yum!
I whipped up this easy shrimp recipe with the help of Sam’s Choice Italia Potato Gnocchi and Basil Pesto. You guys, so delicious, so easy, and at such an exceptional value. This is seriously my love language.
The next time you’re at Walmart shopping for allthethings, check out the new Sam’s Choice Italia line and pick up a few to try. I think you’re going to love them as much as I do!
How To Make Pest Shrimp with Gnocchi and Asparagus
Pesto Shrimp with Gnocchi and Asparagus
- 16 oz potato gnocchi
- 16 oz jumbo or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 oz asparagus, ends removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp basil pesto (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large 3 quart pot. Salt generously.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté for about 2 minutes. Flip shrimp over and continue cooking until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent, about one minute longer. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil and tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
- Add asparagus and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus are crisp-tender and bright green in color.
- At the same time you are sautéing the asparagus, add the gnocchi to the pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions, about 2 minutes. Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon.
- Add gnocchi and shrimp to the skillet with the asparagus. Top with pesto and gently stir to combine.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Easy dinners the family will love!
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!