Unbelievably rich and fudgy, these bakery-style Chocolate Toffee Pecan Cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream!
I am so excited today because my little sister is flying in early this afternoon and is staying for TWO whole weeks!! Woohoo! We’re heading to Disneyland on Saturday and it’s going to be an incredible trip because Ashley hasn’t been for like 20 years. The boys have been planning out all the rides and who is riding with who for the past few weeks and the excitement is just building and building!
Bryce is finally tall enough to tackle Indiana Jones and he’s so excited to be riding it for the first time with his Aunt Ashley 🙂 My older sister Melissa is also going on this vacation with us and I guarantee a whole bunch of awesome memories are going to be created on this trip.
So I totally had this plan to have all my posts ready to go while Ashley was out so I wouldn’t have to worry about it.
And then…life happened.
But that’s okay. I’ll do what I can and you guys will be totally supportive and happy that I’m off having fun with my little sis…right???
I made up these cookies yesterday so we’d have something to munch on while catching up on the last year. Sure, we talk on the phone but it’s just not the same, ya’ know?
Anyways, I KNOW she is going to go crazy for these cookies. So fudgy and chewy – these cookies are simply to die for.
These cookies are more brownie than cookie (a.k.a. “brookies”). I used a TON of chocolate and made these cookies XL. Because who can resist a giant cookie? Measuring about 3.5″ across, these sweet thangs will give you a run for you money – or a run to the fridge for a cold glass of milk!
A quarter cup of cookie dough is what we’re going for here – think ice cream scoop rather than cookie dough scoop 🙂
I adding pudding mix because as far as I can tell, pudding mix makes every cookie better! Chocolate pudding mix, semisweet chocolate and bittersweet chocolate create a powerful chocolate punch that just melts in your mouth. And those toffee bits and hunks of toasted pecans – the perfect crunchy counterpart to the soft, fudgy texture of the cookie.
Now, if only I can keep my boys out of these cookies long enough to save some for Ashley!
Giant Chocolate Toffee Pecan Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips 10 oz bag
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix 1 box
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Heath toffee bits found in the baking aisle
- 1 cup pecans toasted (optional)
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, heat for another 30 seconds, stir. Heat in 10 second increments thereafter until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, pudding mix and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugars and eggs together until thick and creamy (5 minutes.)
- Beat in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined
- Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of dough, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Cool on sheets for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Some of my favorite cookies:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.