Looking for an easy lemon dessert recipe that is going to WOW your friends and family? This Easy Lemon Bundt Cake is the answer! A breeze to make and loaded with bright lemon flavor, this easy cake recipe is also figure-friendly which makes it perfect for summer! Thanks to my partnership with Almond Breeze, this recipe is also vegan!
It has been way too long since I shared a lemon dessert with you all! It’s been at least a month 🙂 Today I’ve got an Easy Lemon Bundt Cake that is going to blow you away with it’s amazing lemon flavor.
I lightened up one of my favorite easy cake recipes by using applesauce instead of oil and Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk instead in place of regular milk. The vanilla almondmilk adds a lovely vanilla flavor that complements the lemon cake but you can use the original flavor as well.
I was tempted to go all egg whites but those egg yolks add so much depth as well as contribute to the bold yellow color of this cake. Also? Extra protein. If you like, you can eliminate up to two of the egg yolks and still have sensational results.
This cake is double-glazed. Shortly after removing the easy lemon bundt cake from the oven, I poke holes all over the top and then slowly drizzle on an intensely-flavored lemon glaze. Once the glaze has soaked in. I add enough powdered sugar to the remaining glaze to get it a little thicker and then drizzle that over the top as well.
The first glaze makes the cake even more lemon-y which makes me one happy lady. I just love my lemon desserts!
This cake is perfect for BBQs, picnics, parties, potlucks and more! Feel free to garnish with lemon slices, mint, and lemon zest!
- 1 18.25 oz box lemon cake mix
- 1 3 oz pkg lemon instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce (no sugar added)
- ⅔ cup Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2½ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside. (I like to use the spray with the flour in it!)
- In a large bowl, combine lemon cake mix and lemon pudding mix. Whisk together.
- Add eggs, applesauce, almondmilk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk together until just combined.
- Slowly pour cake batter the into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes while you prepare the glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk together until no lumps remain.
- Remove the cake from the par and place on a cooling rack or cake plate.
- Use a skewer to poke small holes all over the top of the cake. Slowly drizzle about half of the glaze on top of the cake. Let the cake sit until completely cooled.
- Whisk in remaining powdered sugar, adding more if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle cake again with the glaze. Garnish with additional lemon zest if desired.
- Slice and serve.
Love lemon as much as I do? Try out these great recipes!
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!
Thanks so much!