Strawberry Lemonade is so refreshing and delicious! Truly the perfect summer drink for BBQs, picnics, poolside parties and more! Made with just 3 ingredients (plus ice and water!), this strawberry lemonade recipe is easy to make and perfect for a crowd. Thirsty? Try my Watermelon Lemonade and Cherry Limeade too!
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
There is nothing better than an ice cold glass of strawberry lemonade on a hot summer day. We have been enjoying this lemonade at least once a week all summer long and have no plans of stopping any time soon.
My boys say it is the best – and I agree. It’s the perfect way to cool off is so dang refreshing, unbelievably so! We love classic lemonade but there is something special about this strawberry lemonade that takes it over the top.
Strawberries are naturally sweet and add so much flavor to this simple recipe. You’re going to love it! This tasty, refreshing lemonade is easy to make and even easier to drink.
More Strawberry Recipes To Enjoy
Love strawberries? Me too! We go crazy for all things strawberry – especially when it’s strawberry season! Here are a few of our favorite strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Italian Soda
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Homemade Strawberry Topping
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
Want to make this adult friendly? Add up to 1 cup of vodka to the recipe and you’ve got a party drink your friends will love!
Also consider trying it with light rum – so good!
Ingredients You’ll Need
There are just 5 ingredients – including ice and water – in this easy homemade Strawberry Lemonade recipe. Check out the Variations To Try section below for ideas on how to customize this recipe.
Let’s take a quick look at what you’ll need here and, as always, you can find the full, printable recipe card at the end of this post.
- granulated sugar – equal amounts of sugar and water are needed for the simple syrup.
- water – just 1 cup is all you need for the simple syrup.
For The Lemonade
- strawberries – I usually buy a 2 pound package. I use about half for the lemonade and the other half to garnish and add to the pitcher. You’ll want to wash well, drain, hull, and quarter before using.
- lemon juice – definitely want freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe – the flavor can’t be beat. This is about 6 to 8 lemons but you’ll want to buy around 10 for the whole recipe so you can garnish with fresh lemon slices.
- cold water and ice – I use about 4 cups of cold water and then top off the pitcher with ice.
Let’s Make It
You won’t believe how simple this recipe is! It takes about 10 minutes to make! Let’s take a quick look at the steps:
- Make simple syrup. Combine 1 cup of water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and bring just to a simmer stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool. (I pop it in the freezer to cool quickly.)
- Strawberries. Combine strawberries and half a cup of water in blender and blend until smooth. Strain over a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds and pulp.
- Combine. In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, simple syrup, strained strawberry juice, and water. Stir to combine. Add ice, lemon slices and fresh quartered strawberries if desired.
- Taste. Taste test time! If the lemonade is too strong, add additional water. Up to another 2 cups.
- Add ice and garnish.. Add ice to the pitcher until nearly full. Thinly slice 1 or 2 lemons and add to the pitcher. Add trimmed, quartered strawberries if you want.
- Serve immediately. Serve over ice and top with a slice slice and fresh strawberry if desired. Enjoy immediately!
I recommend a citrus juicer for juicing the lemons. It’s much more effective than just using your hands. (You won’t get as much juice out and you may need additional more lemons.)
Store this drink in the pitcher in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. When ready to serve and drink again, stir the contents with a long handled mixing spoon. You can also freeze this drink for a fun frozen treat.
Freezing this lemonade is a great idea but we prefer to make it into popsicles!
Sure! This lemonade recipe can turning into a boozy cocktail with the addition of vodka, triple sec, or light rum. Start with 1/2 cup and go from there.
Variations To Try
Make this recipe as written once and then go crazy! Here are some fun ideas to add a twist to this lemonade:
- To make this lemonade adult friendly, consider adding in ½- 1 cup vodka, triple sec, or a light rum.
- Smash mint leaves on the bottom of the pitcher for a mint infused lemonade.
- Add some lemon zest to the simple syrup for a stronger lemon flavor.
- Add in a lemon-lime soda or ginger ale for an extra sweet kick and some carbonation.
More Summer Drinks You’ll Love
Cooling off with a delicious summer drink is one of my favorite things during the summer months! We have so many favorites but here are a few I know you’ll love:
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Strawberry Italian Soda
- Cherry Limeade (Sonic Copycat)
- Vodka Cranberry Cocktail
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Pineapple Margarita
- Berry Lemonade
- Basil Lemon Drop
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and quartered, about 2 cups
- 1¼ cups lemon juice freshly squeezed, this is about 6 to 8 lemons)
- 4 cups cold water
- fresh lemon slices
- hulled, quarter strawberries
- Combine 1 cup of water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and bring just to a simmer stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine strawberries and half a cup of water in blender and blend until smooth. Strain over a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds and pulp. (This is an optional step you can skip if you want.) I ended up with just over 1 cup of strawberry juice.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, simple syrup, strained strawberry juice, and 4 cups of water. Stir to combine. Add ice, lemon slices and fresh quartered strawberries if desired.
- Taste test time! If the lemonade is too strong, add additional water. Up to another 2 cups.
- Add ice to the pitcher until nearly full. Thinly slice 1 or 2 lemons and add to the pitcher. Add trimmed, quartered strawberries if you want.
- Serve over ice and top with a slice slice and fresh strawberry if desired. Enjoy immediately!
- Store lemonade in the fridge until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply