These Microwave BBQ Potato Chips are a cinch to make and are perfect for game day or snack time! A little sweet, a little salty, and a lot crunchy, these chips are sure to become your new favorite addiction!
Hellooooo summer! I don’t know about you, but with summer in full swing, I’m finding myself simplifying dinners and spending more time having fun in the sun. We are grilling four or more times a week now and simple sides and snacks are the name of the game. One of my favorite has to be these homemade Microwave BBQ Potato Chips – sooo good!
Grilling is pretty much my most favorite thing to do in the summer. I look forward to it every evening. I hit the grill and spend the down time gardening. It’s my way of winding down. We grill for every summer holiday: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day as well as the dozens of birthdays and small celebrations that take place throughout the summer.
As I get older I have found myself spending less and less time preparing for parties and gatherings and instead focusing more on the interactions with friends and family. I like to make one or two really special items and then let store-bought items help round out the menu.
One of my favorite recipes to make for friends and family is homemade chips. I don’t bake them. I don’t fry them. I microwave them. I know. It may sound a little crazy but trust me on this one. Sometimes it’s olive oil and sea salt, sometimes cracked black pepper, but my favorite has always been these BBQ Potato Chips. A little sweet and perfectly crunchy, they are just begging to be dipped.
One such item is Heluva Good! Dips which can be found in the dairy aisle of the supermarket and are made with real sour cream and flavorful spices. Flavors include French Onion, White Cheddar & Bacon, and Jalapeno Cheddar – yum! These delicious dips are made without oil and water and pack a serious flavor punch.
Spend less time in the kitchen this summer and more time enjoying your friends and family. Every occasion needs a good dip and trust me, Heluva Good! Dips are a tasty addition that everyone will love!
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, rinsed and dried
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp ground mustard
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Thinly slice potatoes using a mandoline. You want the potatoes as thin as you can get them.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes changing out the water once.
- Pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel.
- Line a microwave safe plate with parchment paper.
- Place potato slices in a single layer on top of the parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Heat on high heat in the microwave for 6 minutes or until slightly browned in the center and crisp. Different microwaves may require slightly different cooking times so start checking at 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Place microwaved chips in a ziploc or paper bag and sprinkle with the BBQ seasoning mix. Shake to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by Heluva Good! Dips! but the opinions are all my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!