Make breakfast fun and delicious with this quick and easy Skinny Breakfast Pizza!
Every weekend my kids want a “REAL” breakfast. Now, this usually means something like sausage gravy or blueberry buttermilk pancakes but after making the same stuff over and over again for years, I decided to make something different. Not better, just different 🙂
My husband was pretty excited when he saw me assembling this breakfast pizza. I didn’t tell him then that this was a Skinny Breakfast Pizza. Nor did I tell him later. I’m kinda sneaky like that.
I knew I could put a healthier spin on this pizza and my family wouldn’t have a clue 🙂
To make this a healthier version of a breakfast pizza I started with a reduced-fat crescent roll crust. Not only does this crust give great flavor to the pizza – it was Reece’s favorite part! I used reduced-fat pork sausage but turkey sausage or bacon would also be great. Or use the regular versions – totally up to you!
I used refrigerated hash browns to make this pizza super quick to assemble and they worked perfectly! Want to use frozen hash browns? No problem. Just thaw and pat dry with a paper towel before assembling the pizza.
I quickly scrambled some eggs with onion and bell pepper for some great flavor and pretty colors. The pizza is topped with reduced-fat cheddar cheese and then a sprinkling of green onions once it’s all baked up.
Slice and serve just like a real pizza. Expect it’s for breakfast. And better. Chris took this to work the following day and said it was still amazing. Love that! This Skinny Breakfast Pizza will definitely be making a frequent appearance at our house from now on!
Skinny Breakfast Pizza
- 8 oz refrigerated reduced-fat Pillsbury crescent rolls 1 can
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3 large eggs or egg substitute
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz sausage or bacon or ham cooked and crumbled (turkey sausage works great)
- 1 cup refrigerated hash brown potatoes if using frozen, thaw first and then pat dry with paper towel
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Saute red bell pepper and onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are just set. 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Separate crescent dough and press onto the bottom and up the side of the pizza pan to form the crust. Make sure to press seams together firmly to seal.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle potatoes over the sausage.
- Spoon scrambled eggs over the top of the sausage and finish with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with green onions, slice and serve immediately.
More great breakfast ideas:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.