This Citrus Glazed Roast Chicken boasts robust citrus flavors and the juiciest, most tender meat possible! Easy to prepare, only 45 minutes in the oven, and an incredible marinade is what sets this chicken apart from the rest!
One of my favorite things about Fall is the fact that I can turn on my oven and not feel guilty about heating the house up. It’s the perfect time for baking cookies, making delicious casseroles, and enjoying those recipes which hot summer days just don’t seem to permit.
Today I’ve got a winner winner chicken dinner for you. It’s a great recipe that you can prepare ahead of time and toss in the oven when you get home. This Citrus Glazed Roast Chicken takes just 45 minutes to roast and comes out all glorious and golden and so juicy it makes your mouth water.
The chicken marinade is made out of orange marmalade so there is robust citrus flavor in every bite. The addition of freshly squeezed lemon juice and orange juice are just icing on the cake, so to speak. The chicken needs to be marinated for a good 2 hours, the longer the better.
I buy my chickens whole and then just remove the backbone, flatten and then cut straight down the middle of the breasts to create two halves. You can also ask your butcher to do this for you if your store doesn’t carry halves or you don’t feel comfortable with this. A fryer chicken will also work just as well but will require a little less cooking time. You’re looking for 165 F in the thigh.
My favorite part of the marinade has to be the shallots. Instead of using onion and garlic, I opted for shallots which provides a combination of those flavors which I find irresistible. I personally picked every single caramelized shallot off the baking sheet and popped them directly into my mouth. They’re like candy.
Watch this video to see how easy this chicken is to make!
See below for some great sides that will go PERFECTLY with this Citrus Glazed Roast Chicken!
Citrus Glazed Roast Chicken
- 1 4 lb chicken cut in half, cleaned
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 2 oranges cut into slices
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chicken halves in a deep dish like a casserole dish.
- Pour the marinade over the top of the chicken and use a pastry brush to coat the chicken on all sides.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning the chicken over at least once.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet or roasting pan with non stick cooking spray OR line with parchment paper.
- Line the baking sheet with the orange and lemon slices.
- Transfer the two chicken halves to the baking sheet so they are resting on top of the orange and lemon slices.
- Pour the marinade over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 165F and juices run clear.
- Baste the chicken every 15 minutes.
- Let chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.
If you love easy dinner recipes – make sure to check out my new book! Filled with 100 awesome recipe using rotisserie chicken! Makes a great gift!!
Be sure to sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe!
Of course now that you just added this Citrus Glazed Roast Chicken to this week’s menu, you’re wondering what to serve alongside it. Well, I’ve got you covered there as well:
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.