Brussels Sprouts made more delicious with a creamy cheese sauce and bacon!
Side dishes can be a little boring. I put so much focus on the main dish that sides are often an afterthought. Both of my boys happen to love salads so that’s what I frequently serve with dinner. I’ve been trying to introduce new vegetables to them each week and also continually offering those veggies that they don’t L.O.V.E. at first bite. Brussels sprouts are definitely one of those veggies. I think you either love them or hate them. I happen to really love them, my husband – not so much. I think serving up Brussels sprouts with creamy cheese sauce and topping them with bacon is a great way to introduce Brussels sprouts and man are they good!
We all know that I love cooking for my family but I’m always on the lookout for shortcuts in the kitchen. Progresso Recipe Starters are available in five flavorful varieties and are a great way to save time AND add flavor to your meals.
I’m officially hungry! I used the Creamy Three Cheese sauce in this recipe and have my eye on the Fire Roasted Tomato- yum!
Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 1/2 lb fresh Brussels sprouts 1 to 1 1/2 inch, cut in half (6 cups)*
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 can 18 oz Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 2 oz
- 6 slices bacon crisply cooked, crumbled
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 3-quart saucepan, place Brussels sprouts and enough water just to cover sprouts. Heat to boiling; boil 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place in ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- In same saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Add flour; cook until well blended (mixture will be thick). Gradually add cooking sauce until mixture is well blended. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over Brussels sprouts in casserole; mix gently.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with bacon.
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own.