These Cheesy Beef and Black Bean Enchilada Boats are the perfect quick dinner on busy weeknights! Packed full of flavor and so fun to eat!
So I don’t know about you guys, but Taco Tuesday is our thang. I don’t know what it is about Tuesdays, but goshdarnit tacos DO taste better on Tuesdays! We love our tacos on Tuesdays but let’s face it, our family simply cannot get enough Mexican food in our lives. We live it. Breathe it. Inhale it.
My boys’ two favorite Mexican food items are enchiladas and tacos so today, TODAY, we are combining those two into these totally awesome Cheesy Beef and Black Bean Enchilada Boats. You’re welcome.
These two kiddos gave these enchilada boats two thumbs WAY UP. I mean, hello! They just ate enchiladas with their hands!!! Mind.Blown.
So this whole recipe takes about 20 minutes…tops. The enchilada sauce gets heated up with the beef, bean, and onion mixture and then gets spooned into these boats. Whoah! What the heck are these?
Old El Paso’s new Mini Taco Boats – perfect for all kinds of yummy recipes! The taco boats are soft flour tortillas formed into little boats that are ready to be filled with whatever floats your boat. Get it? Yeah, you need these in your life. The boys were able to handle these enchilada boats with ease. The shells crisp up just a little bit in the oven while the cheese is busy melting resulting in total perfection.
These enchilada boats were an instant hit at our house and I know they will be at yours too! So easy to make and crazy delicious! Top with sour cream, tomatoes, whatevs. These are YOUR enchilada boats after all!
Cheesy Beef and Black Bean Enchilada Boats
- 12 Old El Paso Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats 1 package
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 15 oz black beans 1 can - rinse and drained
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 10 oz Old El Paso enchilada sauce 1 can
- 8 oz shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and line up taco boats on the baking sheet. Spray the tops and outsides of the boats with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off all but one tablespoon of fat.
- Stir in onions and cook for 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add black beans and enchilada sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into taco boats and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with tomatoes, sour cream, avocado whatever you like!
More of our Mexican favorites:
Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
The Best Cheesy Mexican Cornbread
Mexican Beef and Corn Casserole
I made these tonight and my children went bananas over these thanks so much for sharing, these were amazing, they were really easy and fast to make and after coming home from work I don’t want to have to be over the stove to long so these were just what I needed.
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
So glad! This is such a kid-friendly EASY recipe to have in your back pocket. Thanks for stopping by!
Made these last night! My kids and husband loved them. Thanks!
Made these tonight. They were fantastic! I’d highly recommend them. My 16 year old said she wants these now instead of tacos. Score!
Hey, Trish, not sure what is going on with your site right now, but everything I’m trying to pin is coming up blocked by Pinterest as Spam!! I’ve tried to pin several of your recipes and that’s the code I keep getting. Just thought you would want to know.
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
I know Teresa 🙁 I’ve contacted Pinterest but they are SUPER slow about responding. It happened to a lot of bloggers yesterday. I hope it gets resoled soon and I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Having one day a week dedicated to tacos is ingenious 🙂