Enjoy these Amazing Microwave Lemon Bars all summer long without turning on your oven! Perfectly sweet with loads of tart lemon flavor, you won’t ever make traditional lemon bars again!
Lemon bars are quintessential summer fare. The bright, fresh flavor in each sweet, perfectly tart bite is pure summer bliss.
What isn’t so blissful is blasting my oven and heating up the house so I can enjoy the fabulous flavors of lemon bars.
Enter the microwave.
That’s right – the microwave.
I think I proved that good things can happen in the microwave when I shared my microwave lemon curd recipe. So trust me on this. These lemon bars will blow your mind.
The crust is perfectly sweet and wonderfully buttery. Not too much though. (I’m not much of a crust girl and I find this crust absolutely tantalizing!) The filling is zesty and tart and just a little bit sweet – exactly how I like my lemon bars.
The bars are made in two super simple and FAST steps. First you mix up the crust and press it into your baking dish (make sure it’s microwave safe first!). The crust gets “baked” in about three minutes. Yes ma’am. Three minutes
While that extensive baking process in occurring, it’s time to mix up that lemon filling. The filling gets poured onto the dish and then another three to four minutes in the microwave and you’re done!
Let the bars chill in the fridge and then cut those babies up and delight in the fact that you spent less than 10 minutes total preparing the most awesome dessert of your summer.
Amazing Microwave Lemon Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest zest from 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest zest from 2 lemons
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice from your zested lemons
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lightly grease a 9x9 inch microwave-safe baking dish OR line with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar and lemon zest together.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Press crust into prepared dish.
- Microwave for three minutes at 80% power. Check to make sure the crust is firm. If not, heat for an additional 30 seconds at 80% power.
- Set aside.
- Beat sugar, lemon zest, eggs, and lemon juice together.
- Beat in flour, baking powder and salt and continue beating for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust and microwave for three minutes at 80% power. Check the filling. It should be set with just a little jiggle - much like JELLO. If it hasn't set, microwave for an additional minute at 80% power and check again.
- Let the lemon squares cool completely and then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares, dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle additional lemon zest on if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
More lemon favorites:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties