These Skinny Lemon Muffins are made with Greek yogurt, coconut oil and plenty of lemon zest for a fabulous, bright, lemon flavor! So tender and moist, these muffins are a great way to start to your day!
Happy New Year! I can’t believe 2017 is finally here! We didn’t even attempt to stay up until midnight last night… I know. Party pooper. But the good news is that I was so rested that I made you muffins! Skinny Lemon Muffins to be exact!
I know that the days of over indulgence are now behind us… almost 24 hours behind us ;) In an effort to keep you on track with your New Year’s resolution of healthier eating, I bring you these glorious muffins.
Based off of my Skinny Orange Muffins recipe, this muffin recipe features Greek yogurt and coconut oil instead of butter or regular oil. They are intensely moist and bursting with bright lemon flavor thanks to the addition of lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.
A simple and optional glaze brings out even more lemon flavor and a touch of sweetness.
These muffins are not super sweet. You have been warned. Plenty sweet for sure, but not over-the-top sweet as some muffin recipes are. If you would like to make these muffins sweeter, simply use lemon Greek yogurt instead of plain Greek yogurt. Not only will you get more sweetness, but more lemon flavor as well.
You can also swap out half of the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour if you’d like. Your call.
My boys love to snack on these muffins and they go great with a cup of coffee as well. Give them a try! I know you’ll love them as much as I do and will find yourself making them again and again. Enjoy!
- 1⅔ cup flour (can use AP or half AP and half wheat)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt or lemon flavored Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together coconut oil, Greek yogurt, milk, egg and one to two tablespoons of lemon zest together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for several minutes before removing. Place on a cooling rack.
- Combine lemon juice, powdered sugar, and lemon zest in small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins a few minutes after removing from pan.
More great breakfast solutions:
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.