Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet – your new favorite dinner! This easy skillet recipe comes together in a flash and is made in a single skillet for easy clean-up. Extra cheesy, and just bursting with flavor, it’s a dinner recipe you’ll find yourself making again and again.
This post is brought to you courtesy of Hillshire Farm® but all the opinions and content are mine.
If you can believe it, the boys started swim team practices this week. I’m still in shock. Reece’s indoor soccer league just finished last week and he’s got a few more weeks of basketball still to go. Bryce has his last basketball practice and game this week and then he’ll be all done. But man, our schedule!
I consider getting a meal made and on the table a monumental success each and every night it happens. I rely so much on quick skillet dinners that are a complete meal unto themselves. Today I’m sharing a new favorite, Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet. It’s got the cheese. The rice. The broccoli. And a personal favorite of mine, Polska Kielbasa.
As you all know, I’m a serious Target shopper. My phone thinks I work there. I kid you not. It will tell me “7 minutes to work” in the morning with a map of how to get to Target. Daily trips are not uncommon. And there’s SO many reasons why. One of which is the fabulous digital coupons I take advantage of using their Cartwheel app.
This week, there is a 20% OFF HILLSHIRE FARM® SMOKED SAUSAGES CARTWHEEL OFFER just calling my name. I’m sure it must be because they want you to make this awesomeness for dinner tonight :) And then once you’ve tried this and you’re hooked on kielbasa, make sure you give my KILEBASA, PEPPERS AND POTATO HASH SKILLET a try – it’s legit.
My family absolutely devoured this easy, cheesy skillet dinner and I know your family will love it too. I’m always a fan of one pot recipes that don’t require a lot of clean up ;) Feel free to substitute in cauliflower for the broccoli and use whatever cheese you have on hand – it will be delicious no matter what! #CreateYouDeliciousSkillet
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 Hillshire Farm® Polska Kielbasa, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets - bite size pieces, raw
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided ) I used a cheddar blend)
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large, lidded skillet.
- Brown kielbasa in the skillet, 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Saute onion and bell pepper until onion is translucent. Make sure to work the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet - more flavor :)
- Add rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue stirring for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Without disturbing the rice, add the broccoli to the top of the rice and cover again. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in kielbasa and 1 cup of cheese.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese. Cover with lid and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
If you love easy dinners, check out my book with 100 rotisserie chicken recipes!
More easy skillet recipes!
Have a great day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.