Dessert meets breakfast in this quick and easy Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast!
Your mouth will thank you.
I swear this will be my last cherry recipe for awhile, like, pinky promise it’s the last one. I’m the first to admit I’m addicted to all things cherry. Especially cherry for breakfast like this Baked Cherry Cheesecake French Toast.
My boys are big time breakfast eaters. They get that from me. Chris could take it or leave it but me and the boys – we want something goooood, every morning. Of course they have their favorites like sausage gravy and biscuits (which I swear I make at least once a week) and they are HUGE fans of these blueberry breakfast parfait pops (popsicles for breakfast? yes please!). But every now and then I’m able to tempt them with something new and fabulous and a brand new favorite is added to the list.
Last year I shared this Overnight Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole which will rock your world, promise. The thing is, we just love cherry cheesecake so why not turn that into a breakfast dish as well?? Duh!
This recipe takes five minutes to pull together – tops. An hour in the oven and your entire family will be treated to the most amazing breakfast EVER.
Sweet and delicious this french toast is baked with maple syrup inside but it’s totally up to you if you want to drizzle a little more on. I, who happen to have a very BIG sweet tooth, think it tastes better without.
- 12 oz French baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes, about 5 cups
- 8 oz package cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup maple syrup (the real stuff!)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Spray an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread on the bottom of the dish.
- Place the cream cheese cubes on top of the bread.
- Spoon half of the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining half of the bread cubes.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (eggs, milk, half and half, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla).
- Pour over the top of the bread layer.
- Spoon the remaining pie filling over the top and cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Let french toast sit while the oven is preheating, allowing the bread to absorb some of the egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving with additional maple syrup if desired.
Such a beautiful breakfast!
Breakfast is served!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.