Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread is perfect anytime! Incredibly moist and delicious – this is one recipe you’re going to want to try!
A couple of days ago I was cleaning up the kitchen when I saw it. A huge pile of super-ripe bananas just sitting there. Looking so sad, so unused, so unloved. Right that second I resolved to use them for good. Reece happened to be hanging out with me and saw me eyeing those bananas and asked “Does this mean we get to make banana bread today?”
Righty-o my son!
I tell you. This kid gets so excited over banana bread. I personally think it’s his love of smashing the bananas but he sure does a stellar job in the eating banana bread department as well :)
We got right to work and after a few suggestions ended up with Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread. A thing of great beauty my friends and tastes even better. Reece could hardly wait for this bread to finish baking. I could hardly blame it – it smells AMAZING while it’s baking! He kept asking me…
How much longer? How many more minutes? Was it done yet?
Apparently it’s been long enough that Reece forgot that it takes an hour to bake and then of course, requires a cooling off period. Yeah. Reece wasn’t feeling that.
This bread was sliced almost straight out of the oven and I have to say, good call on that Reece. This banana bread is so incredibly moist and delicious and just perfectly sweet.
- 1½ cups mashed bananas - approximately 4 ripe bananas
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 6 Tbls butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ c grated zucchini - 1 medium zucchini
- ¾ c all-purpose flour
- ½ c wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour a bread pan and set aside.
- Peel and mash the bananas.
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in grated zucchini.
- Combine dry ingredients and and add to the wet ingredients stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
I’m sure you’re well aware by now that I LOVE baking with zucchini! It’s one of my favorite ingredients to use during the summer and I want it to be yours too :) Check out these zucchini recipes:
I’m not the only one loving zucchini – check out these recipes from friends:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.