These Creamy Lemon Squares taste just like a lemon cheesecake – so creamy and delicious!
This post brought to you by PHILADELPHIA cream cheese . All opinions are 100% mine.
Obviously one of my favorite things about the holidays is the food. It seems like during this particular time of year, there are so many great recipes to be tried that set my tastebuds a-tingling! There are so many amazing ingredients that are used specifically for the holiday season and then there are those that are used year-round – like PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. PHILADELPHIA is great for holiday entertaining AND year-round enjoyment!
Sam’s Club and Kraft have joined forces to bring you meal solutions for the entire week. Breakfast to dinner and everything in between. I was checking out all the yummy recipes when I stumbled across the Creamy Lemon Squares. Now I LOVE anything lemon and lemon bars are a personal favorite of mine. Why had I never thought ot making them even better with cream cheese?
- 20 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cold butter
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest, divided
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Mix first 3 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and 2 Tbsp. flour; mix well.
- Blend in 1 Tbsp. zest, juice and baking powder; pour over crust.
- Bake for 25 to 28 min. or until center is set. Let cool completely then refrigerate for 2 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and remaining zest before serving.
Some of my favorite PHILADELPHIA cream cheese recipes are my Triple Threat Chocolate Cheesecake, Pull-Apart Crescent Veggie Christmas Tree, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dip and my Nana’s To-Die-For Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
PHILADELPHIA cream cheese is one of the most versatile ingredients I can think of. It works equally well in both savory and sweet applicatoins and just magically makes every more creamy and delicious when used. Can’t go wrong with PHILADELPHIA cream cheese!
What’s your favorite recipe that calls for Philadelphia cream cheese? Here are some of mine:
Connect with me!