Amazing zucchini brownies are a delicious way to use up that extra zucchini from the garden!
Yep. Another zucchini recipe. Hey! My zucchini plants are producing like crazy and they’ve got to go somewhere 🙂 If I haven’t yet convinced you with the Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Cookies or the Chocolate Zucchini Cake that yes indeedy, zuchinni (hehe that rhymes!) DOES belong in desserts – let me try again with Zucchini Brownies. These brownies are rich, delicious, and you would never know that there was zuchinni in them unless you really looked hard for it. The 2 CUPS of zucchini that go into this recipe are what make this brownie so moist. The mini chocolate chips melt into sweet little pockets of chocolate that add to the fudgy, gooey consistency. I’ll be the first to admit that the batter isn’t super appealing but it bakes up beautifully!
Now you’ve got a couple of options. You can serve the brownies plain – they are super delicious – sweet and rich all on their own. Or you can up the ante and sprinkle on some powdered sugar. This makes them super pretty…
Or you can be a little naughty and spread on some chocolate frosting and maybe sprinkle with some nuts and mini chocolate chips…
Amazing Zucchini Brownies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups zucchini finely grated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed in the dry ingredients.
- Grate the zucchini using a fine grating surface (smaller opening). Combine the applesauce, oil, sugar, vanilla, and shredded zucchini and stir until blended. (You can use all applesauce or all oil if you want. Using all applesauce will affect the texture of the brownie slightly but there are nutritional benefits so your call!)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. If you want to add nuts, fold in 1/2 cup of nuts here. (Walnuts or pecans would be great.) Spread into a lightly greased and cocoa powdered 9x13 baking dish. You will have to spread the batter. No pouring here 🙂 It's very thick. Bake for 20-25 minutes - do not over bake!
- Now you've got a couple of options. You can serve the brownies plain - they are super delicious - sweet and rich all on their own. Or you can up the ante and sprinkle on some powdered sugar. This makes them super pretty...
- Or you can be a little naughty and spread on some chocolate frosting and maybe sprinkle with some nuts and mini chocolate chips...
And there you have it! Another yummy way to use up all that zucchini 🙂 What’s growing in your garden?
If you have a zucchini situation similar to mine (i.e. too much!), check out these other zucchini recipes:
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.