Amazing zucchini brownies are a delicious way to use up that extra zucchini from the garden!
Yep. Another zucchini recipe. Hey! My zucchini plants are producing like crazy and they’ve got to go somewhere 🙂 If I haven’t yet convinced you with the Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Cookies or the Chocolate Zucchini Cake that yes indeedy, zuchinni (hehe that rhymes!) DOES belong in desserts – let me try again with Zucchini Brownies. These brownies are rich, delicious, and you would never know that there was zuchinni in them unless you really looked hard for it. The 2 CUPS of zucchini that go into this recipe are what make this brownie so moist. The mini chocolate chips melt into sweet little pockets of chocolate that add to the fudgy, gooey consistency. I’ll be the first to admit that the batter isn’t super appealing but it bakes up beautifully!
Now you’ve got a couple of options. You can serve the brownies plain – they are super delicious – sweet and rich all on their own. Or you can up the ante and sprinkle on some powdered sugar. This makes them super pretty…
Or you can be a little naughty and spread on some chocolate frosting and maybe sprinkle with some nuts and mini chocolate chips…
Amazing Zucchini Brownies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups zucchini finely grated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed in the dry ingredients.
- Grate the zucchini using a fine grating surface (smaller opening). Combine the applesauce, oil, sugar, vanilla, and shredded zucchini and stir until blended. (You can use all applesauce or all oil if you want. Using all applesauce will affect the texture of the brownie slightly but there are nutritional benefits so your call!)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. If you want to add nuts, fold in 1/2 cup of nuts here. (Walnuts or pecans would be great.) Spread into a lightly greased and cocoa powdered 9x13 baking dish. You will have to spread the batter. No pouring here 🙂 It's very thick. Bake for 20-25 minutes - do not over bake!
- Now you've got a couple of options. You can serve the brownies plain - they are super delicious - sweet and rich all on their own. Or you can up the ante and sprinkle on some powdered sugar. This makes them super pretty...
- Or you can be a little naughty and spread on some chocolate frosting and maybe sprinkle with some nuts and mini chocolate chips...
And there you have it! Another yummy way to use up all that zucchini 🙂 What’s growing in your garden?
If you have a zucchini situation similar to mine (i.e. too much!), check out these other zucchini recipes:
Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
Zucchini and Green Chile Quiche
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Looks so good! I bet the zucchini makes it really moist…mmmm!
Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.
Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly says
OHhhhhh my goodness! I need to try these! I still haven’t made your zucchini cookies, so now I have to decide which yummy thing to make first! 🙂
Jenna @ LittleKitchenBigFlavors says
Love this! Especially the version with chocolate frosting and nuts on top! Going on my zucchini Pinterest board now.
Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style says
These sound delicious! My mom has always made zucchini bread, which I love, but with chocolate involved, this recipe sounds even better. Thanks for sharing!
Denise DeVault says
These look awesome! How much sugar do you put in? It’s not listed in the ingredients, but it’s listed it in the directions part. Thanks!
Sorry about that Denise! Just fixed it – 1 1/4 cups.
Our Pinteresting Family says
They look fantastic. I’m excited to try out anything with zucchini in them. 🙂 Megan
Holistic Homemaking says
I am so trying this! Sounds amazing! My kids will probably devour it all before I get a bite though. The love chocolate and zucchini bread so this is right up their alley. Found you on the Craft Blog Stalker blog hop!
Visit me at Holistic Homemaking – http://holistichomemaking.org
Zachary and Sarah @ HHG says
These look so good!! And since they have zucchini in them, they’re completely healthy right? 😉 I’ll have to try them out and when I do, I’ll feature them on my blog and refer back to you! Thank you for the yummy recipe!
The Mandatory Mooch says
Never thought of zucchini brownies!! Gonna have to try this one!! I’d love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It’s a new linky party starting today. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
Milynn luong says
You know I didn’t think you could mix these two together but the way you pull it off makes it look so tasty! I just found your blog through the simply link party!
Love and Whimsy
Wow…I love how fudgey those are!!! I need to find someone with some extra zucchini because I want those in my life!!!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Oh my yes. I LOVE zucchini brownies. These look amazing!
I just picked two huge zucchini from my Mom’s garden today!! I have so many different recipes I want to try, including these yummy brownies!! The frosting is a must.
That’s just what I thought Jenn 😉 Can’t go wrong with a frosted brownie!
Courtenay@Creek Line House says
I’m hungry. I have zuchinni. And it’s shredded already!
You’re halfway there! Thanks for stopping by 🙂