White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread is the prettiest treat you’ll make this holiday season! Easy to make, these shortbread sticks are perfect for cookie trays and gifts.
There’s a lot going on during the holiday season – parties, shopping, decorating, and my favorite part – baking! It’s the part I look forward to most each year. Today I have a wonderfully festive shortbread recipe that is sure to delight your friends and family.
Shortbread, to me, is right smack dab in the middle between cookies and biscotti. I love cutting them into bars and dipping them into chocolate. So pretty and fun!
This combination of flavors is classic and the colors from the cranberries, pistachios, and white chocolate is undeniably perfect for the holidays.
I can’t help but get nostalgic during the holidays. So many amazing and memorable moments with my family and friends that I cherish. I was just looking through pics of Christmas a few years ago and the boys looked SO small. Where is the time going???
I love how our family traditions are all defined by a scent or fragrance. Picking out our Christmas tree and decorating it together brings to mind that woodsy pine and spruce fragrance that just screams Christmas. Or making gingerbread houses together (or trains as it was last year!) – that wonderfully spicy scent that is the definition of gingerbread – so comforting and sweet.
This year I have vowed to start new traditions with the boys so that they can start building even more wonderful memories. I love having my boys help me in the kitchen and recipes like this shortbread are the perfect way to keep them involved.
Fragrances and scents are what make the memories for me. Whether they come from baking or a new favorite candle, I just love having our home smell exactly how it should during the holiday season. My new favorite scent is Glade® Under the Mistletoe. I’ve got it in a jar candle and as a room spray. I just love how it makes our home smell! I love that sweet berry fragrance, and it’s the scent that inspired this delicious shortbread. Cranberries are the berry I think of during the holidays and they are the perfect addition to this sweet treat!
White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 8 oz white candy coating
- 1/4 cup pistachios finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Gradually add flour to creamed mixture stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries, and pistachios.
- Press dough (it will be thick) into prepared baking dish making top as even as possible.
- Baked or 40-45 minutes or until gold brown and set.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into 30 rectangles. Let cool completely.
- Melt white candy coating according to package instructions.
- Dip each bar into the candy coating, shaking off excess. Sprinkle pistachios on top of chocolate and set bars on waxed paper.
- Let candy coating set up before enjoying.
More sweet treats for Christmas:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Celebrate the season with festive fragrances from Glade®. Spread holiday magic through the town with the scent of bright holly berries and fresh pine garland, featured in Target’s exclusive scent, Under the Mistletoe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glade®. The opinions and text are all mine.