This White Chocolate Cherry Fudge is sure to impress!
I am just too excited to have my dear friend Ashley start off our week of FUDGE with this incredible White Chocolate Cherry Fudge. I met Ashley last June at BlogHer Food in Austin and we just clicked immediately. She is pretty much the sweetest person EVER and makes me drool over her amazing recipes and gorgeous photography. It’s people like Ashley that make me grateful I started blogging because of the amazing friendships that have formed because of it.
Make sure you check out Ashley’s blog, Kitchen Meets Girl, and find out how awesome she is for yourself. Here are some of my favorites –
And without further ado…
Hi there, Mom on Timeout readers! I’m so excited to guest-post for Trish today while she’s off vacationing with her family (get some sun for me, Trish–I’m typing this while huddled under blankets and sipping my hot cocoa). I got to know Trish in person last summer in Austin, and I have to tell you: she’s one of the sweetest, kindest gals I’ve ever had the opportunity to meet.
Plus, she can cook like nobody’s business. These Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks?? Totally on my menu plan this week. I’m also drooling over these Muy Bueno Slow Cooker Carnitas (Mexican is my fave!) and these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls. OMG, heaven.
Anyway, Trish asked me to bring you some fudge today, and I have to let you in on a little secret: candy-making is not my forté. Well, candy-making that requires a thermometer, anyway. That’s why I made you a fudge that takes about 10 minutes and requires only the microwave. 😉
Another cool thing about this fudge? It uses pudding mix! The pudding makes this fudge extremely soft and light (too bad it doesn’t lighten up the calorie count), and gives it an extra punch of flavor. You certainly don’t have to add the cherries, but I thought the bright red was the perfect contrast against the white squares, and it’s such an easy way to dress up a dessert for your holiday table.
Plus, don’t all desserts deserve a cherry on top??
Want the recipe? I thought you might, so I brought it with me:
White Chocolate Cherry Fudge
- 8 oz white chocolate divided
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 6.8 oz instant white chocolate pudding mix 2 3.4 oz packages
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 21 oz cherry pie filling 1 can - optional but recommended
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing the foil to extend over the sides of your pan.
- Place half (4-ounces) of the white chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl, along with 6 tablespoons of the butter and 1/3 cup water. Microwave on high power for approximately 2 minutes, or until the butter is melted. Stir, then add the dry pudding mix and stir to combine.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. The mixture is fairly thick, so I found it easier to use my stand mixer. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Microwave the remaining chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Spread over the pudding mixture. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Top with cherry pie filling, if desired.
I’d be thrilled if you’d stop by Kitchen Meets Girl sometime and say hello! I love making easy dinners at home – this Firecracker Chicken is our favorite. I also have a healthy belief that you can never have too many banana bread recipes in your repertoire: this Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter version is one of my top viewed posts, so my readers love it, too. You can also find me spending entirely too much time on Facebook and Pinterest! Thanks again, Trish, for letting me take over your blog for the day!