Watermelon Pizza is the perfect treat for a hot summer day! Watermelon wedges are topped with a simple cream cheese glaze and a variety of fresh fruit. The perfect hand-held poolside snack! Need to cool off? Make sure to try this Peanut Butter Icebox Cake, Strawberry Sorbet or Chocolate Chip No Bake Cheesecake!
Watermelon is one of the things we look forward to most in the summer. My boys can demolish an entire watermelon by themselves in a single day so I am constantly picking one or two up when I’m shopping.
They love it any way I make it whether I cut into wedges for them and their friends or take the extra time to cut the watermelon into cubes for a quick and refreshing watermelon salad snack.
And if there’s any left, I’m all about the Watermelon Mojitos.
What Kind of Watermelon Do You Need?
I think seedless watermelons are the best for watermelon pizza. Some people don’t mind eating seeds but if you’re making this for a party, err on the side of caution and purchase a seedless watermelon.
There will usually still be a few stray seeds in there and that’s totally fine.
What Kind of Fruit Do You Put On a Watermelon Pizza?
Honestly the sky is the limit here:
- berries including raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries
You want to stay clear of fruit that browns such as bananas and apples.
Cream Cheese Glaze
I love this simple cream cheese glaze or frosting. It’s made with just a handful of ingredients and is the perfect complement to the fresh fruit.
Make a double batch and serve as a fruit dip! Seriously delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- powdered sugar
How To Make the Cream Cheese Glaze
- beat cream cheese until smooth
- add Greek yogurt and orange juice and beat until smooth
- add powdered sugar and mix until completely smooth
- cover and chill until ready to use
Tips for the Best Watermelon Pizza
- Cut the watermelon slice into wedges BEFORE putting on the cream cheese glaze. If you put it on first, you’ll end up needing to clean your knife before each cut and it just looks messier.
- Use a variety of fruit in different colors for the most impact.
- Use some fruit that needs to be cut, like peaches, dragonfruit, kiwi and some fruit that can be placed on the fruit pizza whole, such as , blueberries, raspberries, etc.
Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for more great recipes!
More Summer Recipes
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- No Bake Cookies
- The BEST Chicken Marinade
- Pea Salad
- Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
How To Make Watermelon Pizza
- 1 seedless watermelon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries sliced strawberries, diced peaches, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, halved cherries, etc.
- mint leaves or edible flowers optional
- In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese until nice and smooth.
- Add the Greek yogurt and fresh squeezed orange juice and beat until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until completely smooth.
- Cover and chill while preparing fruit.
- Slice watermelon about 2 to 3 inches thick and then cut into wedges.
- Spread a couple tablespoons of the cream cheese glaze on each slice being careful not to have it run off the edge.
- Add an assortment of cut fruit to the top of the frosting.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves or edible flowers if desired. Serve immediately
- Unused cream cheese glaze can be stored in refrigerator or served as a fruit dip.
Leave a Reply