Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels are the perfect treat for your next party or picnic! Pretty, pink and so yummy to eat, this easy dessert is guaranteed to become a new family favorite!
Last week the boys finished off the school year with style. Bryce had his graduation ceremony on Monday followed by an ice cream social on Tuesday, a picnic in the park on Wednesday and pajama and movie day on Thursday. Kindergarten is rough people.
Reece had it slightly less easy as he finished off his year as a third grader but those minimum days helped immensely.
Thursday after school we attended our annual year-end party at a friend’s house. We have been going to this same party with the same group of kids since Reece was in kindergarten and it’s become something of a tradition.
This year I wanted to bring something special for the kiddos who had all worked especially hard this year and I decided these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels were the way to go. Hey, I had a 6-pack of Hershey’s bars in my pantry that needed to be used and trust me, this was definitely the best way to use them.
Many of you are familiar with the S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels here on my site. They are my most popular recipe and it’s easy to see why. S’mores. Rice Krispies Treats. Pinwheels. We’re talking a whole lot of awesome here.
I kinda feel like I topped that recipe with this one. The flavor here is totally off the charts. I heard nothing but moans and groans of delight and the kids were super impressed with the pinwheel shape and design. They passed the “cool” test with flying colors.
I scattered real chocolate covered strawberries in with the pinwheels and that was a lot of fun too. I literally shot a couple pics and then took this tray right over much to the delight of all the guests. This is when it’s fun to be a food blogger 🙂
I added strawberry JELL-O to the rice krispies treats to get this totally awesome pink color. No food color needed. The strawberry rice krispies treats are topped with marshmallow creme and Hershey’s bars for the sweetest combination imaginable. After the treats are rolled up, they get refrigerated for a bit and then sliced into these tasty pinwheel treats.
If you are looking for some more step-by-step photos, check out the S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels post for a complete tutorial. They are really very easy and totally worth it!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter plus more for greasing
- 5 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 oz strawberry JELL-O 1 box
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 6 Hershey's chocolate bars
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a 10x15 jellyroll pan with parchment paper and either spray with cooking spray or coat with softened butter.
- Combine marshmallows and one quarter cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until completely blended.
- Stir in the JELL-O until completely combined.
- Stir in cereal and continue mixing until cereal is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press mixture into prepared pan firmly. Use a small piece of parchment paper to keep the treats from sticking to your hands.
- Warm marshmallow creme in the microwave for 10 seconds. Spread marshmallow creme on top of rice krispies treats using an offset spatula.
- Place Hershey's bars on top of the marshmallow creme.
- Place in oven for two minutes. Use a spatula to spread the softened chocolate.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Roll up jellyroll style (like a cinnamon roll), starting on the long side. Peel away the parchment paper as you roll. Pinch the seams together.
- Place seam side down and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Slice and serve!
More crowd-pleasing treats:
For all strawberry recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.