Extra cute Reindeer Cookie Bars are fun, festive and fabulous! These easy to make Christmas cookie bars are the perfect addition to your holiday festivities and look amazing on cookie trays and dessert tables! Feeling festive? Make sure to try my Christmas Crack and Peppermint Snowball Cookies!
I am allll about fun and easy Christmas treats! They make the holiday season so festive and it’s a bonus when it’s something the kids can help with.
These reindeer cookie bars are adorable, easy, and the perfect addition to your holiday cookie trays this year!
Looking for more fun Christmas treats? Here are some of our favorites:
What You’ll Need
- salted butter – or use unsalted butter and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- brown sugar – make sure to pack your brown sugar well
- eggs – room temperature for the best results
- vanilla extract – I also like to use vanilla bean paste for even better flavor
- all-purpose flour – spooned and leveled
- baking soda – the leavening agent in this recipe
- pretzels – these need to be crushed pretty well, see image below for reference
- M&Ms – if you are worried about too many M&Ms in your cookie bars, sub in some chocolate chips instead
To Create the Reindeers on Top
You will need the following additional ingredients to create the reindeers on top of the cookie bars:
- pretzels, cut in half
- M&Ms (red and green)
- Mini chocolate chips (for the eyes) or candy eyes would also be fun
How To Make This Christmas Treat
This is such a fun and easy treat to make for Christmas! It’s a great recipe to have the kids help with. Here’s how to make these Reindeer Cookie Bars:
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven and prep baking sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about one to two minutes
- Add other ingredients.
Mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Add in flour and baking soda and stir.
- Stir in pretzels and M&M’s.
Fold in crushed pretzels and M&M’s until just combined. Press into prepared baking sheet.
- Make Reindeer Faces
Make a reindeer face by lining up 2 chocolate chips, one M&M, and a pretzel (cut in half) to make the face of a reindeer (See photos for example). I like to make a small indentation where the bars are going to be so that I can make sure the reindeer are lined up evenly.
- Bake Cookie Bars
Bake in oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool and cut.
Allow cookie bars to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. If you don’t cut the bars, you can keep the sheet pan covered with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and they will still be good for a few days. You can freeze your bars for up to 3 months.
The reindeer faces are a fun family activity! The hardest part will be cutting up the pretzels for the antlers, and it might take quite a few mistakes to get the amount of antlers you need.
You should be able to fit about 12 reindeer faces onto the sheet pan.
More Christmas Favorites
- Christmas Crack
- M&M’s Marshmallow Dream Bars
- The BEST Divinity Candy
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peanut Butter Fudge with M&Ms
How To Make Reindeer Cookie Bars
Reindeer Cookie Bars
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup crushed pretzels
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup pretzels cut in half
- ½ cup M&Ms red and green
- mini chocolate chips for the eyes
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about one to two minutes.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Add in flour and baking soda and stir. Fold in crushed pretzels and M&M's until just combined.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan and press into pan evenly.
- Make a reindeer face by lining up 2 chocolate chips, one M&M, and a pretzel (cut in half) to make the face of a reindeer (See photos for example). I like to make a small indentation where the bars are going to be so that I can make sure the reindeer are lined up evenly.
- Bake in oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookie bars to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.