My new favorite cake! This amazingly easy and outrageously decadent Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a dream come true! So moist and delicious and topped with an incredible peanut butter chocolate glaze – no one will be able to resist!
Let’s take a break from peppermint today and go back to my roots…Reese’s! Nothing I love more than a Reese’s and when you add them to a recipe…swoon!
Today I’m sharing this amazingly easy and outrageously decadent Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. I’m taking an awesome short-cut by starting with a cake mix but trust me, you would never EVER know.
A few years ago my sister schooled me on how to “dress up” a cake mix. One of my favorite tips that she gave me was to substitute milk in for the water that is typically called for on the box. Let me tell you – it does wonders for a cake mix!
There is no limit to the wonderful things you can do with a cake mix and this recipe transforms a simple yellow cake mix into this outrageously nutty peanut butter cake. I used Blue Diamond Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend for seriously amazing flavor. Honestly you guys, if you haven’t had a chance to try this milk yet – now is the time. It is absolutely delicious and comes in both regular and unsweetened varieties.
I definitely find myself using the unsweetened variety for all my savory recipes and the regular variety for sweet applications like this one. Right now, head on over to AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com and come up with a creative recipe name using their new Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend. You can grab some coupons AND be entered into a chance to win the ultimate kitchen prize pack (trust me, you want THIS!)
Please, do yourself a favor, and make this cake…like, today!
- 1 18.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy Naturals)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 20 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- Beat cake mix, milk, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in peanut butter chips and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Gently invert onto a cooling rack or plate and let finish cooling for several hours.
- Once the cake has cooled, prepare the glaze.
- In a microwave-safe container (I use a Pyrex measuring cup), combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat. Stir until the chips are fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cooled cake.
- Wait 5 minutes before sprinkling on the chopped peanut butter cups. Press gently to adhere.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more until the glaze has set up.
More Reese’s recipes to drool over!
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Kitchen Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious Blendabilities at AlmondBreezeBlendabilities.com.