Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – life just doesn’t get any better than popcorn and Reese’s together! You’re going to love this sweet popcorn with an explosion of peanut butter and chocolate flavors in every bite!
Last month my very good friend Ashton from Something Swanky came out with the ultimate popcorn recipe book: Party Popcorn. It’s been my new favorite read since I got it in the mail. We are crazy-big popcorn lovers and if you’re thinking that sounds familiar, I guarantee you’re going to find something in her book to LOVE.
I must have went through Party Popcorn cover to cover at least three times before deciding that my very first recipe to make out of it would be the Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn. Shocking, I know.
If you’ve been a reader of Mom On Timeout for any length of time, you know a have a small (ahem, HUGE) obsession with Reese’s…hence the name of my first born – Reece 🙂
Oh sure, I was tempted by the Turtle Brownie Popcorn and the Muddy Buddy Popcorn (this girl has a sweet tooth for sure!) but the savory recipes were equally appealing: Sticky Wings and Blue Cheese Popcorn and Bacon Ranch Popcorn just to name a few. This book truly has something for everyone!
After settling down and resigning myself to the fact that I just couldn’t live another day without making the Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn, I made it. In like five minutes. See, that’s the best part about all of these fabulous recipes – they’re quick – not to mention inexpensive, fun AND delicious!
I used my new microwave popcorn popper I got over the holidays and it was seriously the easiest thing EVER. You don’t need oil or anything.
If you’re looking at your screen and drooling, first of all, I don’t judge, second of all, go get this book – you won’t regret it! Movie night will never be the same 🙂
Don’t wait… make this Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn TODAY!
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup milk chocolate melting candy
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup miniature peanut butter cups halved
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and remove any un-popped kernels
- Place the chocolate melting candy and peanut butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 1 minute. Stir until melted and smooth. If needed, add additional heating time in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until the candy is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted candy over the popcorn. Add the peanut butter cups to the bowl. Using a large rubber spatula, gently stir to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture on a large piece of parchment paper or a large silicone baking mat.
- Allow to cool until the chocolate coating has hardened, about 20 minutes. Break into pieces before packaging or transferring to a bowl to serve immediately. The popcorn may be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Love Reese’s as much as I do? Check out more yumminess here:
For all peanut butter recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.